Computer companies, good and bad....

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's more reading consumer review/sentiment on any company/brand you are thinking about investing some significant dollars in

According to PC World, HP got the lowest customer satisfaction. But now there really is no reason to buy from dell, hp, etc... Build it. It is cheaper. The only thing that jacks up the price of building is purchasing the os. You could move onto linux or ... ;)

By the way. Techies don't like dell because they represent the cheap pc industry imo (and they sell crap). Steve Jobs (even though he annoys me) says it best:

“Pretty much, Apple and Dell are the only ones in this industry making money. They make it by being Wal-Mart. We make it by innovation.”

Theres so many different markets out there. Not everyone is an enthusiast. The ones that aren't, are being catered to by the likes of HP and Dell. They saw a market and went for it. Can't hate on that.

My friend recently got an alienware laptop... the thing is a monster with two 7950's in sli running in there and the heat it gives off burns my hand if i put it close... but the funny thing is....

The keyboard and back panel look like any other dell laptop, rofl... i busted his balls for it...Still a nice laptop though..

Basically i only like alienware desktops (like my friend zerodayatk) for the wire managment they do... because when i build my comps the wires are always all over the place... but in his sexy alienware they are out of site behind the mobo.

Dell just makes cheappy comps and bought up alienware unfortunatley... i heard rumors that there xps gaming stuff is just ugly looking alienware.. which wouldnt suprise me because all the parts are the same except the case if you were to build it yourself.

emachines always made me happy because i could con them into giving me free parts when i complained... lol but they really were a ****** company...

oh and i hate hp...

Best way to go is custom build... you can take pride in your system and self troubleshoot it yourself better than u could with some pre-built system.

edit: It's good to have a friend with you on your first build though because the nervousness i had with the money i was putting out and the future hopes and dreams of my system was killing me and i could of sworn i was literally shaking... rofl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom