cant delete with backspace button... interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaptorX

Baseband Member
-SOLVED- cant delete with backspace button... interesting

microsoft word... from all the software thats the one i hate the most... simply i dont have time to know everything about it... so

just of the sudden now when i select a text and hit the backspace button or type something on top of the selected text, it doesnt erase it.

I just want to know if i put any option by mistake cause I use a lot of keyboard shortcuts in other programs (like winamp) so maybe i pushed any shortcut for my winamp and by mistake i activated this on word...

Or if is a problem in general. Had happened in other pcs that i have but usually i dont even know how that fixes but eventually that dissapears... but now Im really curious... wtf is going on. :D

Edit:
If i have selected text and hit space don't delete either.

Note: If i have not text selected the backspace button works perfectly..

Check to make sure you didnt hit the Insert button by accident. That would cause this. It is right next to the Backspace button. ;)

i thought so and tried... nothing... and actually the only thing that insert button can do is that when i type overwrite what is in front of it, not actually blocking my backspace button...

Tools>Options / Edit tab > check-mark on "overwrite selected text"

Thanks man... never figured that one out. Problem solved

I still dont know how that got unchecked though...

Google search would have pulled this up :)
It's pretty common, as is overtype ;)

But theres no harm in asking !

Google search would have pulled this up :)
It's pretty common, as is overtype ;)

But theres no harm in asking !

xD the forum is more fun dont you think? and some other ppl get the answer too so I usually post it even though i have the answer. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom