Is it really that hard to build a computer????

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main thing that I am worried about whenever i rebuild my systems is bending my LGA775 pins in the mobo. They seem really easy to ruin.

why would he build with an e8400 when he can have a q6600 for the same price? actually i assume its close to the same price, since the equivalent to the e8400 has been described as an e6850, which currently costs exactly the same as a q6600.
i know its a smaller die, less power, less heat (actually substatially less heat from what i read) etc etc...
but wont the 45nm quads be released about the same time?
and then the q6600 prices are likely gonna nosedive.
just wondering...

why would he build with an e8400 when he can have a q6600 for the same price? actually i assume its close to the same price, since the equivalent to the e8400 has been described as an e6850, which currently costs exactly the same as a q6600.

45nm.jpg

E8400 is cheaper than Q6600

ah, i see.
still, wouldnt you guys think he should get a q9300 for 70 dollars more with the budget he has?
although, from what i have read about the e8400, it is possible to clock it over 4ghz on air. what about the overclockability of the q9300?

if i was him i would dish out the extra 70 bucks for the quad core. I need to research this because i dont understand wh people buy dual cores if they arent on budget builds... wat are the advantages other then money of getting a dual core over a quad core?

i dont think there really are any advantages except money, as you say.
on a 1000 dollar build i think i would squeeze (at least) the 70 bucks to make it a quad core.
lmao...a thousand dollars for a quad core....i paid almost 1300 for a new build last year with an x2 4200. of course, i bought monitor and new peripherals...but still...
i could build the exact same rig today for about, ummm 700 bucks.

The rig i have currently could of been built around 400 dollars cheaper.... after christmas... and if i actually used black friday i could of brought it down a bunch...

Ya, so basically i dont understand why people skip out on the quad cores...

Its actually very simple to build your own PC. I had no idea what to do when I was planning on building my PC but with extensive research and etc, I was able to build one and its working great with no problems whatsoever. I also was able to overclock and all that stuff. So I guess its easy. :D

The Q9450 will be the next Q6600. Also, it is twice the L2 Cache from the Q9300, but the Q9550 just has a higher stock clock speed, right?

maybe a higher multiplier i guesse, but if yoru allready using a q6600 and are upgrading to a q9450 with a 9x multiplier you will be fine for ocing, but a 10x multiplier would be fun aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom