AMD > Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ (2.30 GHz)
Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor E2140 (1MB L2, 1.60GHz, 800FSB)

Which one would perform better? I looked on some sites and it's either the AMD is better by a lot or they are similar in performance... My research has confused me more... seems like there are a lot of different models for each CPU or something.

I am looking for a budget PC to play around with, these are almost the same price just different CPU's.

spend an extra 20 bucks for an e2180 and it'll outperform any amd chip on the market right now.

spend an extra 20 bucks for an e2180 and it'll outperform any amd chip on the market right now.

i think not.
but it is an excellent chip for the price. and it does overclock rather well it seems. performance is a little better than the AMD equivalent at stock speeds, overlcocked it pulls a head a bit. it doesnt outperform any AMD...thats kinda vauge anyways veedub bro. it all depends on the clock you can get. to beat an x2 6400 you would need to clock that 2180 to what...like 4ghz almost? possible, i know...just not likely. havent been keeping up with the steppings, though, this one could be better.

For their price they're very nice...

You won't find an intel quad core at a comparable price.

You won't find an intel quad core at a comparable price.

But intel Quad core have better performance per dollar when you are building a computer

Most people here are not going to buy the processor alone. So you need to compare the whole Intel build vs AMD build

For example, if you build a computer that have Phenom 9600 for $1100, then Q6600 with the same setup would cost $35 more if we assume that the motherboard cost the same

The price difference between $1100 and $1135 is only 3%

The performance difference between the AMD build and Intel Quad core build is around 14%

For their price they're very nice...

They are nice but Intel Quad core are nicer

how did you get a 35 dollar difference? the only difference would be the mobo which as you stated, both would cost the same.

Q6600 cost $275

Phenom 9600 cost $240 on newegg

275 - 240 = 35

Thats why I said that computer build with Q6600 would cost $35 more than Phenom 9600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom