celeron to P4

Status
Not open for further replies.

-=B$=-

In Runtime
ey guys im wondering if there is of you you who ahev had a modern celeron 1.6gig to 2.8gig and haev switched to a modern P4 2.4gig to 3.4gig. if there is any of you guys who had done that please post a repy. was the difference HUGE?? gaming wise was the P4 WAY faster? cause i am goin to buy a 2.8C 800FSB 512k soon and i am just interested casue i am getting soooo much lagg on games like BF1942, americas army, halo, thief. and a guy once told me that all that lagg is you celeron cause it only has 128k cache
thanks

P42.4C sure faster a lots than celeron when playing games n editing, bcosz it has 512KB L2 cache n 800 Mhz FSB.
But if online n some paperwork only , no big different.

yeah, it would be heaps better, ive got a 2.4 Celeron. i dont get lag in games, my computer can run farcry on 'high' settings at 800x640 resolution and i dont get lag, thats only with an FX5200 running at 300Mhz core and 371Mhz Memory speed.

Raekwon said:
yeah, it would be heaps better, ive got a 2.4 Celeron. i dont get lag in games,

One of the biggest differences when Celerons were first introduced was the overclocking ability (or lack thereof) compared with the PII/PIII counterpart. As Raekwon's post shows, the core speed for a Celeron can get up there... 2.4.. not bad (even higher than my Pee3) ... but with the smaller L1/L2 cache, you will notice that it does run a bit slower with graphics intensive applications and some video games.

Before doing that, I would suggest U to update ur G-card drivers.
Sometimes, a driver update would do wonders in terms of performance.

i agree with rakesh_1024,but u have to keep in mind that the size of the cache and the number of pipelines in the processors give u a huge arithmetic difference in terms of gaming world..
also,celeron is a low end solution..not at all meant for the gaming world as in ur case..but its overclocking specs are too good...
also,a P4 has a much better technique of arranging memory calls known as shiftretrieving( check out intel's whitepapers)
this means it is much more efficient in gaming scenarios..
i guess first u check out ur drivers,
and then go for the upgrade..secondly,check out ur HDD,its 5400 RPM,go for a 7200 RPM or better still 10000 ROM,will give u a good boost...

rakesh_1024 said:
Before doing that, I would suggest U to update ur G-card drivers.
Sometimes, a driver update would do wonders in terms of performance.
uhh i have the 61.76 drivers they just came out like a week ago

Raekwon said:
yeah, it would be heaps better, ive got a 2.4 Celeron. i dont get lag in games, my computer can run farcry on 'high' settings at 800x640 resolution and i dont get lag, thats only with an FX5200 running at 300Mhz core and 371Mhz Memory speed.
how in the hell dont you get lagg in farcry with settings on high?? i have pretty much the same processor i ahev 4 times as much ram not to mention faster ram and a better video card?? and when i lay far cry i get lag on medium?!?!

-=B$=- said:
how in the hell dont you get lagg in farcry with settings on high?? i have pretty much the same processor i ahev 4 times as much ram not to mention faster ram and a better video card?? and when i lay far cry i get lag on medium?!?!

Well, he is either disilliusioned or running 800x600 makes a huge difference, but I think he is overexaggerating abit:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom