SLI for hi-res gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would for sure say SLI it thats a very large resolution and the new games coming out these days are already so demanding on 1280-1024.

I think at that rez, you would reap the rewards of SLI......I think that is where people mess up....get SLI when it is not necessary....I think at your rez you will like SLI.

Buy a single GTS512 with an SLI ready motherboard, i'd suggest a 780i at this point. Then if you feel you need more, buy a 2nd GTS512. I run 1920x1200 and can play almost every game at max/max/max and still get 60+ fps. Crysis being the exception.

Buy a single GTS512 with an SLI ready motherboard, i'd suggest a 780i at this point. Then if you feel you need more, buy a 2nd GTS512. I run 1920x1200 and can play almost every game at max/max/max and still get 60+ fps. Crysis being the exception.

So veedubfreak , if I get a GTS 512MB....I will be able to play all of my games at 40FPS at 1600 x 1200....with the rest of my rig, in my sig?

Should, the only game i dont consistently sit at 50-60 fps (i keep vsync on) is crysis. The GTS512 really is an awesome card, for the extra money you get more shaders, higher clocks, a better cooler and a copy of crysis (evga model).

You are running 2 in sli....right?

I know you have had alot of video cards lately....is this the best of the bunch that you have had.

Sorry about hijacking this thread.....I will stop now :)

Ya, im actually only running single card right now because this abit board is super craptastic and actually loses frames when i enable SLI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom