Rate the Wire Management Above You!

Indeed. I've heard some say that the black interior does take away a lot of the lighting inside the case, but that may be just a load of horse hockey.

Actually I theorized that that would happen if I spray painted my case. The black color naturally absorbs more light - and therefore reflects less - than the stock gray color, making the lights in the case appear dimmer.

I'm not too worried about mine though because I have a cold cathode. I'm going to be cutting some holes in the case in a few weeks to vastly improve my wire management, and then I'll post some pics. I might paint it black when I do, I haven't decided yet.

if you paint the inside of the case white, it will reflect more light, but also the case creates natural shadows on the inside so it almost looks black unless its really lit up.

Oh god, you guys are gonna have a field day with mine lol, it's nothing pretty. I have sooooo much wiring that I dont use, and there's no room for it in this case. This thread just inspired me to spend about an hour rearranging all my wiring. I even modded my 92mm Tornado which I thought was useless to fit my heatsink while I was at it. Now my load temps are wayyyy down :D :D. Anywho, here it is:

PICT0151.jpg

PICT0146.jpg

PICT0144.jpg

Nice, lol. Might want to get some zip-ties or twist ties and tie up those wires. If you can that is. Otherwise, seems like the airflow would be clear of any disruptions. :happy:

Nice, lol. Might want to get some zip-ties or twist ties and tie up those wires. If you can that is. Otherwise, seems like the airflow would be clear of any disruptions. :happy:

Yeah that was my main concern, I have 2 intake fans on the front which were pretty much useless before. I have an 80mm Tornado just above the hard drive on the front, a blue led Aspire generic fan next to it which is still useless (other than the blue light, maybe it cools the wiring in front of it?), and another 80mm Tornado on the top of the case. There's also a 80mm blue led Aspire on the side panel that I use as an intake. Flow between all those is what I wanted to clear up. That whole space below the cd-rom was FILLED with the extra wiring before hand.

Yeah that was my main concern, I have 2 intake fans on the front which were pretty much useless before. I have an 80mm Tornado just above the hard drive on the front, a blue led Aspire generic fan next to it which is still useless (other than the blue light, maybe it cools the wiring in front of it?), and another 80mm Tornado on the top of the case. There's also a 80mm blue led Aspire on the side panel that I use as an intake. Flow between all those is what I wanted to clear up. That whole space below the cd-rom was FILLED with the extra wiring before hand.

if you can flip that HDD that would help and try and get some wire sleeves for those wires up top and around the mother board that should help them "blend" into the case more. and just zip tie away :)

btw 8.3/10

Not bad. 7/10. Graphics still on order?

o wow...i forgot to take pics after putting the card in.

Ive posted benchies so i do have everything but i guess i forgot to take pics again.

I still need some advise for adjusting my fans to get the best airflow possible.

krazyq said:
I still need some advise for adjusting my fans to get the best airflow possible.

Front panel - Always intake.
Side panel - Usually intake.
Bottom panel - Intakes again.
Rear panel - Always exhaust.
Top Panel - Always exhaust.

IMO.

Back
Top Bottom