Abit AN7 POST problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmypageisgod

Baseband Member
Ok....

my comp was working fine but it froze so i had to shut it off. Now when i boot i get a POST code of 90 which mean "Complete uGuru inital process AWARD BIOS take over booting job"

it stays on forever and won't reset or start and i get the BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH:(

Before initializing the O/S, the Abit runs a series of tests to ensure that your mobo is functioning correctly. It will count from "00"/"0.0" to "90"/"9.0.", and if all went well, the post code will return to "20"/"2.0." (basicly meaning it is idle).

uGuru is the built in processor chip which is dedicated to monitoring the temperature of hardware, etc. so that it does not have to take up any of your CPUs resources.

If your post count stops at "90"/"9.0" then there was something wrong with the uGuru initialization. First, I would recommend switching the power off (on the psu). Wait a few seconds for the mobo to loose its power (lights on mobo (power indicator) should turn off), then unplug it. Remove your hardware, and reinsert it carefuly.

Clear the CMOS (using the jumper on the mobo), and boot into the BIOS. First check the temperature of your hardware. If the temperature seems off (too high or too low), you must recalibrate the temp sensor by updating the BIOS. The majority of Abit's temp sensors were not calibrated properly during manufacturing. They have now fixed the issue.

If everything looks ok, proceed to reconfiguring your settings.

If you still get the post error code ("90"/"9.0"), then try disabling the process through the BIOS.

Goodluck!

If you have any further questions, let me know! I'll respond as soon as I can!

ive reinstalled everything and cleared CMOS but the same thing happens....

i can never get tp the BIOS

any ideas???

The only thing it could possibly be is a physical problem with the uGuru processor. For whatever reason it is failing to initialize!

How long have u owned that board?

Hardware can go defective at anytime. Bring it back and ask for an exchange... It should not be too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom