good deal for RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

$40 for 2 x 1 GB, and timings of 4-4-4-12... would the 4-4-4-15 OCZ be better at 2 x 2GB than the tracers 4 x 1GB? Do you're timings get worse from having 4 sticks versus 2? or is it just better having 2 sticks instead of 4, so you can eventually go up to 4 x 2GB = 8GB...

The reviews for the reaper say this

----- i bought this ram for overclocking in mind, but i found it wont oc very well, even with voltage increse, and loosened timings, but i still have my q6600 @ 3.6 24-7, and 4+ for benchmarking.

----- Need to back down to 5-5-5-15 if you want it to run faster.
Other Thoughts: Might not fit in your rig if you have one of those massive CPU coolers. My Tuniq 120 hangs over the 4th mem slot and this won't fit under it.

The main reason to go 2x2 is if you have a crappy board like i do that likes to burn up memory controllers when using 4 sticks of memory.

wow those reapers are a great price.... highly considering them! i want them just for the sexy heatsinks.. though they seem identicle to my titaniums...

well the 2x1gb kit at least

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom