Q6600 @ 3.3ghz and above on AIR owners:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD Gt Player, you must have gotten lucky. I have to have mine at 1.4825v to keep it stable in orthos. However even with such a high voltage it still crashed when I tried to test it with four instances of prime95 lol. All of my games, 3dmark, etc work absolutely fine though.

BTW my vid is 1.3

See, the VID of my q6600 is 1.2 and i can easily run 3.6ghz at 1.35v Mind you this isnt prime stable, but its stable for every day usage. Now that i lapped my cpu and heatsink i'll probably go for prime stable at 3.6, i'm guessing it'll take me around 1.4-1.42v to get stable.

Yeah that VID must be the reason. I had a feeling about that. Oh well, it's more speed than i'll ever need as is.

Right now i think i have the lowest VID. For once i got lucky on a part rather than getting a bunk one like my motherboard.

AMD Gt Player, you must have gotten lucky. I have to have mine at 1.4825v to keep it stable in orthos. However even with such a high voltage it still crashed when I tried to test it with four instances of prime95 lol. All of my games, 3dmark, etc work absolutely fine though.

BTW my vid is 1.3

I'm scared to run mine constantly at that kind of voltage, what's your load temps on the cores? I see you only have an af7, about equivalent to my cooler. I sometimes wonder if I need to redo my AS5 paste.

As long as your temps are fine, theres nothing wrong with running up to 1.5v through it for daily usage, as that is what it is rated to handle. At 1.55v @4.040ghz and loaded with the CPU test in 3dmark06 my cores never go over 65C. I love my TRUE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom