Is it really that hard to build a computer????

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's easy, just need to be slightly smart and have a little common sense...:p

namely, it's all about reading, simple as that :D

66nova, I had never built a pc before I came here either.

The guys here talked me into it, and on Christmas day 2006 I did my biuld....man i have LOVED it....best pc I have ever had....

I then helped my son build one, he was 15, he loved it and shows it off to everyone who comes over.....both pc have run pretty much trouble free also.

You really learn alot building them also.

The guys here at the forums are just awsome when it comes to helping others too.

I can't thank them enough for talking me into building instead of buying.

ACtually the hardest part for me is deciding on the right parts. I spent probably 3 weeks researching parts before i built my last rig, and have since rebuilt it about 4 more times because i always want more :p

e8400
MSI P35 NEO2-FR
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
2GB Crucial Balllistix
HD3870 512mb
Antec 900/P182
Samsung Spinpoint F1 750GB
Corsair 520HX

Thats what I would go for.

Id say its easier then Legos (Yes I still use them) but only if you don't plan to take things "to the next level". Like what I am doing... designing and building my own custom Air flow case... its hard making something compact, elegant, new USB swivel ports (I made them! I call patent!) and yet still provide plenty of airflow for hardcore game use.... but I could never find I case I liked that was affordable after shipping.. I refuse to pay 70 bucks.. when I have sheets of plastic right here I can cut.

Don't worry about whether or not it will work good or if anything will go wrong down the road either. Chances are, your computer will be much more reliable than a big-brand one. I know I was worried about whether or not I would always be friggin' with somethin, and if I would need a hundred little parts like my other hobbies (biking, paintball), and if it would actually work as good as if I just took it out of the box pre-assembled. Unless you like playing around with it (you should), then you probably will just set it up and forget about it, it's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom