This MOBO worth the $$?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sKaD

Baseband Member
Is this the "best" right now?

I'm wanting to build a pretty close-to top of the line computer, I suppose I'll be geting the AMD Athlon XP 3200+ "Barton", 400MHz FSB, 512K
&
ASUS "A8V Deluxe Wi-Fi" K8T800 Pro Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket 939 CPU because it's the most expensive..?

I haven't built a computer in a couple years, but by the looks of it it hasn't changed much, just I don't know what's hot and what's not anymore.. see what Apple does to you ;) lol, I was just pretty content with my G5, but now that HL2, Doom 3, EQ2 and such are comming out, i've decided I need a PC (for gaming..) so is that Processor/Mobo good for the games I've listed?

Thanks for the help everyone :)

Also, if you guys could, where's a nice play to get a nice looking case (I like the see-through sides, lights, etc.. )

I don't really want to spend a lot of money, but for a case i could spend maybe $130 or so w/ 500Watt PS

Thanks again :)

The mobo and processor both look great. You should have no problems with your games as long as you get enough ram and a good video card. I'd recommend at least a GB of ram and a Radeon 9800 Pro.

I know that Newegg sells some pretty nice cases for reasonable prices. I've never shopped for the fancy ones, though, so I'm not the best person to ask.

Thanks for the replies guys, I actually posted the wrong link for Processor..

AMD Athlon 64 3400+, 1MB L2 Cache, 64-bit Processor Unless that other processor is better?

I do plan on getting the 9800 Pro 256mb vid card, I will slowly upgrade myself to about 2GB of RAM, my hard drive will have to start of small, 80gb or so (7200rpm)

But will this combo run E2, HL2, D3 and such awesome?

Looks good...Although one problem.

Socket 754 - CPU

AMD Socket 939 - Motherboard

How will you get that to work?

bleh, I'll fix it later, w/ right mobo or whatever.. that would suck, but I guess I'm putting this off for awhile now, just baught another car and now I'm putting a system in it, instead of buying a computer.. heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom