anyone notice this ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt know that these were coming out so soon. Apparently, it can clock to 3GHz on air, looks like a nice AMD chip. (and a viable Intel alternative)

if the price goes under 200 i might just buy one and wait for the 750a SLI motherboard to come out. may wait for the fx as well and see how its priced.

itl probably over clock preaty high but intel is still faster when comparign clock per clock, and what about the errata bug wont it affect it at speeds above 2.4ghz?

^true^.
but at stock speeds (not that it matters much to us lol), the q6600 is only slightly...and i mean very slightly...faster. and it runs 2.4 while the phenom runs 2.3. the overclock scaling being better for intel is old news, we're (mostly) all aware of that. but it has to go pretty high (3.4-6ghz) to really do any kind of pulling away from a phenom at 3ghz.
but, i am not switching to intel unless forced to do so...lol and i dont think anyone is going to force me.
the tlb bug is way over-exaggerated. desktop users will never see it, im tellin ya. you see lots of reviews that bash the phenom because of this bug...but i have yet to see one of those negative reviews MAKE IT HAPPEN. that tells me something, eh?
one of the admins of hard forums has his running at 3+ghz with NO PROBLEM whatsoever. used for gaming, number crunching, etc.
he also has a stock 9600 folding 24/7 since they came out with NO PROBLEM whatsoever.
just like c2d this boils down to who do you like and how much will it cost? phenom BE 240, q6600 280. thats around what? 18% or so? thats about the difference in performance. so, clock for clock, it may be faster (in some cases)...but DOLLAR for DOLLAR they are pretty equal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom