Can you tighten laptop hinges?

Status
Not open for further replies.
90% there might be the odd one that you can tighten the hinge on but for the most part you can't.

So what's your options if the laptop hinges grow weak? To replace them? What's the cost on replacing hinges?

I'm back again.

Where exactly can you buy such a part? I can't seem to find ANY place that sells them... Even Ebay I didn't find any that matched my model, and Toshiba's web site said they don't sell to parts directly to end users, however you can check here (and gave me a link) to which I emailed them asking because I did not see many Toshiba parts in stock.

So is there a certain warehouse website or something that you can purchase such items?

If you can't find just the hinge, you can usually find the screen enclosure or screen units which usually include the hinges. Keep checking fleabay and froogle for people parting out models that are similar to yours.

If you can't find just the hinge, you can usually find the screen enclosure or screen units which usually include the hinges. Keep checking fleabay and froogle for people parting out models that are similar to yours.

Yep. I did. All I can find are screen protectors.

:( Next idea?

Chris - I just called. They said from a labor standpoint they can do it, however some models (especially older ones) it may be scarce to find parts for them. On top of that, some vendors don't even sell parts.

GO FIGURE. Toshiba specifically doesn't sell any parts to end users. Fantastic.

toshiba fails d00d. I'm taking my laptop into work today and I'll screw around with it and try and see if I can tighten my hinges and if I can I'll hit you up on aim later and tell you how i did it.

I assume you have a Toshiba?

I love mine. My hinge works great. I'm just looking it up to see if it's even available because I'm kind of anal about that stuff, so I just wanted to know that if in the future if it's able to be tightened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom