*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

dear god. i really need to kick up my scores... im bopping around down at the bottom of the list :(

wow you got 3.3ghz with Wintec AmpX Ram?

Yep, and a crappy 92mm cooler. I've had it 3.6 stable but it gets too hot with the voltage I need to do it with this cooler. I'll be upgrading soon.

...if he ran the mem 1:1 he could get 3.6ghz without ever overclocking the memory.

I have the memory speed unlinked from the FSB speed. This memory DOES NOT overclock...AT ALL. Not even 1 mhz. Anyway, I don't fully understand what you mean, care to explain?

^ you could get another 2300-2500 easy with some overclocking. Might need to replace your cpu hsf though with something better

Yeah I know, i'm not too concerned with it. I've been playing all my games on max settings, including Crysis on all high + 2x AA, without so much as a hiccup. All I care about.

I decided not to even go SLI yet, no point if it does it's job as is. It would be a waste of $300. Down the road when this card needs a boost, i'll pick up another when they're cheaper. For now I could use a better cpu cooler.

On another note: I can't get this GPU to overclock AT ALL with the Nvidia tool, just fails the test and goes back to stock. Should I try Rivatuner or something?

Yep, and a crappy 92mm cooler. I've had it 3.6 stable but it gets too hot with the voltage I need to do it with this cooler. I'll be upgrading soon.

I have the memory speed unlinked from the FSB speed. This memory DOES NOT overclock...AT ALL. Not even 1 mhz. Anyway, I don't fully understand what you mean, care to explain?

That sounds like the board to me, because mnay people have oc'd the ram quite a bit.

On another note: I can't get this GPU to overclock AT ALL with the Nvidia tool, just fails the test and goes back to stock. Should I try Rivatuner or something?
Use ATITool or Rivatuner, both are excellent OC'ing programs. ATITool is good because it has a built-in artifact tester. I use both of 'em, myself: ATITool for OC'ing/artifact scanning, and Rivatuner for adjusting my fan speed.

Use ATITool or Rivatuner, both are excellent OC'ing programs. ATITool is good because it has a built-in artifact tester. I use both of 'em, myself: ATITool for OC'ing/artifact scanning, and Rivatuner for adjusting my fan speed.

Rivatuner I don't understand at all. ATITool has easy sliders so i'm using that right now, upped the clock quite a bit. What's the best way to test the new clocks?

Did some GPU overclocking, here's the latest:

14,901| TwIzTeD_3kGt | Q6600 @ 3.30GHz | XFX 8800GT 512 @ 720/1050 | XP Pro 32bit | Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer

I'm pretty much in love my system at the moment.

nice score, and a good GPU overclock but couldn't that Q6600 go higher?

oh and being in love with your system is not deemed healthy :p

Back
Top Bottom