Beast Fried, Building MUCH more powerful, what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i say go for the extreme if you got the cash lol gonna be a beast but why would u get a sli setup on a crossfire motherboard?Get a evga 780i instead of the maximus if you want sli

i say go for the extreme if you got the cash lol gonna be a beast but why would u get a sli setup on a crossfire motherboard?Get a evga 780i instead of the maximus if you want sli

I think the monster Striker Extreme acting like a Striker and frying his rig has probably scared him away from another one....

nice find, seeing that most of the 780i's I've seen are like near 320$

but lately for some reason people have been having parts getting burned (memory controller and whole rig... ) I'm gonna avoid em :D Lets hope they either recall all of these 680i Chipset boards or fix the 780i's if they have this issue... or both!!

the (780i) is just the 680i with a new south brige, wich really angers me and others. nvidia didt even develop the south bridge, intel did, and im not even sure if they made any changes to the 680i chipset either way, to me it seems to be a big scam like most of nvidias move lately. do we really need an 8800gs? or the stupid 9800gx2, i do understand they needed to release a new chipset but aleast they could have done it the right way, nvidia im very dissapointed lately, except for the g92 gts and gt, theyve become quite the lazy company, and why rma when you can have a quality product that wont die on you and you can keep for ever. If vdub isnt pleased there is a reason.

Yep, once my 680i comes in today i'm going to rebuild with it and use it until my number comes in for the 780i upgrade. Once that number comes up, i'm going to buy an x38 board, sell 1 GTS and stick with a single card configuration, or maybe even go crossfire when the x2's come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom