Is it really that hard to build a computer????

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm i say get a 5000+be with a tuniq, ge the msi am2+ board or the asus one, then get a 3870, and later on you can crossfire them. with 2gb crucial balistix ram, for a psu get something like the corsair 520hx or the silver stone strider600 w modular or the pc power and cooling 610w/non modular. as for case thats personel preference, i recomend the coolermaster 690g or the antec 900.

What has not been asked... what do you already have? Monitor? Mouse? Keyboard? Optical drives? Hard drives? Anything? Whatever you have that can be used can save you some money.

Yeah, Intel is the current CPU king. For graphics, the 3850 is the bang for the buck card, but you can probably afford one of the new 8800 GTS or a 3870.

my gf put my computer together once when i was out, cam back to find all the boxes in the trash and my pc up and running Myspace, i was ticked, so i just took it apart and rebuilt it myself, even though she put all the settings right, this was when i was about 17

No its very easy to build a computer if its your first time and no one to help you just watch some youtube videos first then go from there read your motherboard manual to know which plugs go where very easy then install your operating system and drivers for all parts such as video card,motherboard and thats basically about it.And if you run into problems you can always come to tech-forums to ask for help.

Building it doesn't sound to bad. Its OS/Bios that will get me!

When you buy all the parts and you lay out all the parts in front of you, you'll have a panic attack for a split second (at least I did for my first build). But it's easy, everything is labeled or it tells you how to install each part in the manuals. I just followed the manual included with my mobo and cpu.

It shouldn't take you longer than 2 hours to build a pc (for someone who has never built a computer). I only put together a computer once, and I can confidently say I can put together another computer in less than 15 minutes.

OS is the easiest part... put in your OS cd and follow the prompts.

Just built two rigs this past Christmas, first time from the bottom up. Easy. The only thing that i'd say gives sweat to a first timer is the cpu and heatsink. The CPU is very easy but considering the nature of it it can be a little nerve racking the first time, with the "OMG am i doing this right?" and the "Please don't break!" feelings. But as long as you take the precautions it's not difficult at all. Now the heatsink can be a pain, but simply cause sometimes it requires a little more force then most like placing on the **** thing. Least that was how it was for the two stock heatsinks i used. Other than that it's just like a puzzle, put things in the places they fit and snap in and such... The mobo jumpers and case to mobo wires can be a little confusing first time but that is what the installation guide is for...

Just a few reminders:
Make sure the thing is unplugged to be safe.
Before touching the parts it's safest to touch a grounded object or if your really concerned get one of them grounded bracelets.
Try not to place parts down on anything that can build static [like a shaggy rug] or conduct [like a metal table].
Don't forget thermal paste! but dont use too much, gets real messy real fast.
Also, don't worry too much. Just remember if worse comes to worse newegg has an awesome replacement policy, just tell them it was DOA [dead on arrival].

And another piece of advice, check out youtube.com for video tutorials. Helped me a ton when trying to make sense of the heatsinks and such, sometimes watching someone do it first makes it sooo much easier.

it has been said before but i have trouble with hammers and nails but with the help of these great people on this board it is hard to go wrong. just dont order anything though until you check with them they will let you know good deal or not they are wonderful.

e8400
Abit IP35
Arctic Freezer Pro 7
2 x 1gb DDR2 800 Crucial Balllistix
8800gt 512mb
Case of your choice, full towers are ideal

Seagate hard drives are the best 500gb and less
get a 7200.10 or 7200.11 series

Corsair 550vx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back