Status
Not open for further replies.

Iokewe

Baseband Member
Abits Fatal1ty AN9 32X

or

Asus Crosshiar

which is better with the AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+

I have the AN9 32x and a AMD 6400 and haven't been able to get it working, it seems like a good mobo but from what I have been told I need to update to the latest BIOS to in order to get the 6400 to work on this board. I don't know if the same applies with the Fatality board or not.

I haven't been able to try the BIOS update yet but I hope it works.

not too much support for the 590 chipsets anymore. some, but not much. my evga has absolutely NONE.
the 780a and 750a will be am2+ mobos, 780a with tri-sli support and 750a with regular (two card) sli support. plus, all the phenom support.
they are supposed to be launched relatively quickly now. NOTE: "supposed"

i personally wouldnt suggest a 590 or 570 mobo at this point unless you are in a pinch and just had to have one.
theres no way i would suggest a 590sli mobo when you can have an msi k9a2 platinum am2+ mobo for less money. still, it has crossfire support, but if you like ATI cards or only run one card, then it is supposed to be a great mobo.
the foxconn is a good board.

not too much support for the 590 chipsets anymore. some, but not much. my evga has absolutely NONE.
the 780a and 750a will be am2+ mobos, 780a with tri-sli support and 750a with regular (two card) sli support. plus, all the phenom support.
they are supposed to be launched relatively quickly now. NOTE: "supposed"

i personally wouldnt suggest a 590 or 570 mobo at this point unless you are in a pinch and just had to have one.
theres no way i would suggest a 590sli mobo when you can have an msi k9a2 platinum am2+ mobo for less money. still, it has crossfire support, but if you like ATI cards or only run one card, then it is supposed to be a great mobo.
the foxconn is a good board.

from what I saw at TomsHardware website, the Crosshair does POST With a Phenom (BIOS UPDATE REQUIRED)

Most AM2 Motherboards Not Phenom Ready | Tom's Hardware

btw N-Dogg, tell me when your fedup of the eVGA 590 :)

it may post, but i dont think it will have many of the overclocking features of an am2+ board (im pretty sure i could RUN a phenom in my mobo...but without the enthusiast features ie the reason i bought it in the first place...its kind of pointless).
at least, as far as an am2 mobo goes, the crosshair is a great one. but...you can buy a mobo that is made for the phenom for less money.
now, the msi mobo will definitely work with the 6400 and have all features availible as its am2 counterpart.
so...for less money and an upgradeable mobo, i think an am2+ board is a better choice than any current am2 board.
especially if you are building a new system.
lol vg we'll discuss it when i get my hands on an sli am2+ mobo.

it may post, but i dont think it will have many of the overclocking features of an am2+ board (im pretty sure i could RUN a phenom in my mobo...but without the enthusiast features ie the reason i bought it in the first place...its kind of pointless).
at least, as far as an am2 mobo goes, the crosshair is a great one. but...you can buy a mobo that is made for the phenom for less money.
now, the msi mobo will definitely work with the 6400 and have all features availible as its am2 counterpart.
so...for less money and an upgradeable mobo, i think an am2+ board is a better choice than any current am2 board.
especially if you are building a new system.
lol vg we'll discuss it when i get my hands on an sli am2+ mobo.

I do agree with you tho, for that Price Range the AM2+ owns there...

I'm just saying that about the Crosshair :)

/ sits in corner waiting for SLI AM2 Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom