ballistix

Status
Not open for further replies.

taintedplay

lolwut?
Im getting a set of ddr2 800 ballistix tracers from a friend for real cheap.
I have two questions:
I know that mixing ram isnt good, but would it make a difference for tracers vs regular ballistix (that i have already) even though its the same thing just with leds?

Also, since i know that i can only use 3.5gigs of ram, would having 4 reduce stability or anything bad at all? Or would it just act like the extra ram wasn't in there?

Thanks alot guys,
Taintedplay

itl just act liek the extra ram isnt there, and the tracers shoudl work with your balistix as they both use teh d9 micron and are exacly the same exept for the fact of the led's, so you should be fine, how much did you pay for them exacly?

Um the mixing should be fine there basically the same rams just the tracers have leds on them and for 4Gigs i recommend just use 3 Sticks for 3GB of total ram i think if you stick in all 4 the system just wont read one gig of stick and it wont be in use it should be find my friend stuck 2GB of kingston hyper x and a ADATA 1GB and nothing happened to his comp.

You can use all 4 sticks (4GB) with no problems. Windows will just show somewhere around 3.25-3.50GB of mem, unless you are using 64bit and then all 4gb will be displayed.

Wow that's an awesome price, Great buy! I just upgraded to tracers myself and I have to say, they were definitely worth the money. I think they are phenomenal. Idk if its just me but I think they are even more stable than the regular Ballistix I used to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom