Full tower or Mid tower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Thermaltake is ugly as h3ll plus with that intake fan in front your not going to be able to use 3 bays. Thermaltake will have 1 more open bay with the fan installed

you can put hard drives right behind the fan...

Does anyone use controllers like those? or are they about worthless? How do you monitor your temps?

Duh! I'm freaking retarded. I totally didn't realize it could do that like the stacker. Infact I forgot the stacker did that and I own the d@mn thing.

what do you guys think of a control like this?
aerocool-gatewatch-silver.jpg

Newegg.com - AeroCool GateWatch-SV Silver GateWatch with LCD display - Retail
I use this controller. It has 4 seperate temp sensors you can place where you want. It will control 4 fans, but you have to have 4 fans connected to it to work in auto mode. In manual mode you can set the rpm's where you want depending on the min/max of the fan. In auto mode it controls the fans according to temps. You can not connect 4 fans to just one controller wire on this as the fans would pull to much power. Low rpm fans would be best for this controller for noise, but you can use any rpm range you want. I used these fans in my case. Fans The lowest they will go is about 1500 rpm's and they are still somewhat noisy. At 2800 rpm's my tower sounds like a jet engine. I do have 11 fans in my tower tho. Simple to install but it does have a ton of wires, but they are labled very well. Power for it comes from a 4 pin Molex connector and it has a battery to retain it's memory. Make sure before you place the temp sensors you have them where you want. They are not easy to move once placed as they are delicate. The LED backlighting looks great and choice of 3 colors. The temp alarm works well also. The volume control I don't use since I have 5.1 surround speakers and will not work with those. It uses 3 pin case fans. Only thing I don't like is the dumb animated looking dog.
y1pExAHU3OcagzbaZ_uOVp5uHdMaFkvkwGqv5tEpjn7hydaeJRYOLbyoPxgv1qqcwqQ2VhlkALkvR8

I use this controller. It has 4 seperate temp sensors you can place where you want. It will control 4 fans, but you have to have 4 fans connected to it to work in auto mode. In manual mode you can set the rpm's where you want depending on the min/max of the fan. In auto mode it controls the fans according to temps. You can not connect 4 fans to just one controller wire on this as the fans would pull to much power. Low rpm fans would be best for this controller for noise, but you can use any rpm range you want. I used these fans in my case. Fans The lowest they will go is about 1500 rpm's and they are still somewhat noisy. At 2800 rpm's my tower sounds like a jet engine. I do have 11 fans in my tower tho. Simple to install but it does have a ton of wires, but they are labled very well. Power for it comes from a 4 pin Molex connector and it has a battery to retain it's memory. Make sure before you place the temp sensors you have them where you want. They are not easy to move once placed as they are delicate. The LED backlighting looks great and choice of 3 colors. The temp alarm works well also. The volume control I don't use since I have 5.1 surround speakers and will not work with those. It uses 3 pin case fans. Only thing I don't like is the dumb animated looking dog.
y1pExAHU3OcagzbaZ_uOVp5uHdMaFkvkwGqv5tEpjn7hydaeJRYOLbyoPxgv1qqcwqQ2VhlkALkvR8
^^ OK cool, how do you control all your case fans then? or do you choose just one?
Also, how accurate are the temps? have you checked them against bios? or is cpu the only one you can even check in bios... where do you put the cpu temp sensor? between the edge of the cpu and hsf or where?

Do you think it's worth getting? Or should I just let all my fans run max speed 24/7? I kinda like just being able to see the temps of everything all the time though...
I don't know about having my 4 side fans running all the time though, maybe a seperate high amperage PCI slot controller for the back?se

^^ OK cool, how do you control all your case fans then? or do you chose just one? and then 1 cpu, 1 gpu, and 1 HDD?
Also, how accurate are the temps? have you checked them against bios? or is cpu the only one you can even check in bios... where do you put the cpu temp sensor? between the edge of the cpu and hsf or where?

Do you think it's worth getting? Or should I just let all my fans run max speed 24/7? I kinda like just being able to see them temps of everything all the time though...
I don't know about having my 4 side fans running all the time though, maybe a seperate high amperage PCI slot controller for the back?

I control 4 fans with the Aerocool, 5 fans are controlled by the MB and 2 fans have seperate manual controllers that came with the Thermaltake fans I have. Accuracy depends on where you put the sensors, but in reviews I have read, they are very accurate as in +/- 1c. The sensors work good on the HDD and case. Not so good with the CPU as it pretty much has to go on top of the heat sink between the heat pipes. Coretemp works best for the CPU temps. The video card sensor depends on where you place it and your card. You can place them any where you want tho and depends on where your fans are located. This controller works best for case fans. I use it for 2 front/intake fans and 2 rear/exhaust fans. The front 2 are for the HDD and GPU, the back 2 are CPU and Case. Alot of how you set this up depends on where your fans are located in relationship to your components. In maual mode, you can control each fan individually. In auto mode the controller will control the fans individually based on the temp sensor readings. Your cpu fan is best left connected to the MB and let it control it. The gpu fan is best left to your video card to control it. You could use this to control your 4 side fans. Whether it is worth it is up to you. I like it becuz of the amount of fans I have. My VGA temp sensor I have on my DVD drive and the CPU sensor is on my South Bridge. HDD sensor I have on the HDD, Case sensor on the case.

OK, how do you see what your cpu core temps are when you're playing a game or something, is there anyway to do that? Seems like I remember someone, AMD GT player or someone saying they had a reading on an LCD screen on their keyboard?! How do you do that? and what is FRAPS?

EDIT: nm, fraps is for displaying frame rates... how do you display cpu core temps at all times, on a quad core?

well i have a logitech g15 keyboard, there about 70, to 150$ depending where you look, and all you really do is get the new drivers for the keyboard, then when u run things like core temp or speed fan it will displayon your keyboard's lcd, Newegg.com - Logitech G15 2-Tone 104 Normal Keys 29 Function Keys USB Wired Standard Gaming Keyboard - Retail Newegg.com - Logitech G15 2-Tone 104 Normal Keys 34 Function Keys USB Wired Standard Keyboard - Retail i have the first gen keyboard, i like the first oen more as the lcd seems more capable, i was looking at second gen in stores didnt liek it much.

edit: the first oen seems to have better reviews and as i have mentioned they aswell said the new lcd on the new board isnt as good as the first.

OK, how do you see what your cpu core temps are when you're playing a game or something, is there anyway to do that? Seems like I remember someone, AMD GT player or someone saying they had a reading on an LCD screen on their keyboard?! How do you do that? and what is FRAPS?

EDIT: nm, fraps is for displaying frame rates... how do you display cpu core temps at all times, on a quad core?

FRAPS I see you have figured out. The display you are talking about is the G15 Keyboard. Fraps works with the G15 as does RivaTuner which will show you your GPU and PCB temps. I have both G15's, old model and the new 07 model. I prefer the new 07 model. Rivatuner you can also display the temp in game like Fraps. I am not sure on the core temps. I have heard you can display CoreTemp on the G15 display, but have not worked on that yet. That is one of my little projects to work on still.

Edit: The next update for CoreTemp will have G15 support.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom