Beast Fried, Building MUCH more powerful, what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way I'd use 90 Amps, 80 Amps on the 6 x 12v rails will be plenty.

I've also decided to get the Q6600. I also plan to order 2 Danger Den 8800GTX water blocks, a second 8800GTX. My question is, I'll be cooling:

Q6600
8800GTX
8800GTX
X38 Northbidge Chip

I currently have 4 fans mounted on a 240mm radiator (good quality) and a pretty **** good pump. Question is, I could get another 120mm radiator and put it in the rear, would I need that, and if I did add all this stuff to my loop, would I need a second pump to handle it all?

And my current PSU has that PC Power and Cooling one beat, maybe not for quality, but it's everything I need plus modular support and is delicious eye candy which is essential for my windowed show-off compy.

there's absolutely no need for a 1100 watt PSU. The PC P&P 750w is plenty or even a corsair hx620w

And DDR3 is a waste to get at the moment.....

Man ddr3 prices are insane. For way less than half the money you should be able to get the same amount of ram and overclock it to close to ddr3 specs. I was thinking of upgrading but for the price of ddr3 ram I thought better of it.

Oh crap you're right! I didn't even notice that... Wow, neither of the Maximus boards do... And I was beginning to like them...

Well, okay, revision time. I suppose I will just drop the extra 8800 and the extra water cooling stuff aside from one of the water blocks, and hold out for the next top end 9000 series cards...

Wow that's a *****

as did i, lol its a litle off topic tho, to stay on topic i suggest you go with the q6600 ddr2 ram such as crucial balistic and one 8800gtx or a 2 3870's in cross fire, you will see beter performence from 2 3870's tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom