A few ABIT AN9 32X questions, pulling my hair out here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. LL

In Runtime
Is there any reason a AMD 64 X2 6400 balck box edition and OCZ DDR2 800/6400 RAM won't work with an AN9 board?

I got my RMA'ed AN9 back and I am having the same problems, the only good thing is it is actually beeping now, when I have only the CPU plugged in it beeps so that means the mobo and CPU are OK right? I am starting to wonder if I have more than one problem.

I tried the RAM in every config, 1 and 2 sticks each slot etc. and the screen is blank and no beeps.

I cleared the CMOS once and it gave continuos beeps, from what I can tell that means bad RAM the only problem is I can't get it to beep again even after clearing the CMOS.

With two sticks of RAM in slots 1 and 2 it always stops on POST code C5 according to the LED output.

Tested the monitor and also tried a PCI video card.

If anyone can help you have no idea how much appreciated that would be, I really need to get this stupid PC up and running.

There is a 4 pin connector on the board next to slot 1 PCI-E, that's just for SLI right, do I need to plug into that even when not SLI'ed?

UPDATE:
OK, I tried it again with the PCI card, totally cleared the CMOS, and now it still has a blank screen but it has three second long continuous beeps after multiple resets (memory), I put the GeForce 8800 back in and it doesn't beep even after clearing the CMOS.

I am confused, is there something I am missing with the 8800, the 6 pin power is plugged in, could I have bad memory and a bad video? I don't get why it beeps with the PCI card but not the 8800, if it were just video then I would think the PCI card would work.

Also, if it were just bad sticks of RAM wouldn't I still get something on the screen? I tried with individual sticks.

I can't believe this crap, what are the chances the mobo, video card and RAM are all bad on a new PC...

I've heard that that mobo won't support the 125 wt cpu without a bios update. Try downloading the latest bios and see if that helps.

Oh great, I don't have another AM2 CPU. I would have to install a smaller one first right, can you flash the BIOS without getting a screen and using the 6400?

If anyone has more info on this please post it here this just might be the source of all my problems :(

ya.. it doesn' support the 6000+ out of the box either, just run like an older CPU and flash the BIOS

ya.. it doesn' support the 6000+ out of the box either, just run like an older CPU and flash the BIOS

OK, so I can't run a 6000 out of the box either? I though about exchanging it for a 6000 but if that won't work then I will have to find someone with an older CPU.

Stupid question but I would want Version 17 from here right....
Universal abit USA - Products

The weird thing is the first mobo was bad too because I tried an older CPU on that one and it had the same problem, blank screen.

If the BIOS is the only problem then that is actually not too bad, it's easier then filling out another RMA.

Thanks for the help.

thats weird that they shipped it to you with an older bios, my maximus came with the latest one when i checked, forgot what it is allready, anyway ya your lucky, i hate having to rma things aswell, im a very impatient person, if you cant end up finding a older chip from anyone, try buying a 3600+x2 there like 50 bucks. but thats just like last resort, and then you can have a spare cpu, or you can return it for a refund.

I thought about buying one locally and then return it, I might be able to go back someone i know that let me test it with their hardware before.

Is there any way to tell what BIOS version it shipped with without a screen?

maybe it says on the BIOS chip itself?
im not sure of that, but you may check it. i know they have numbers on them, so it may have ths original bios numbers somewhere amongst those.

OKay, here is a new update...

I bench tested my mobo with a working AMD 64 X2 3800, working EIPDA - 512MB x2 -PC2-4200U-444 RAM, Geforce PCI video card and..... it's doing the same blasted thing.

I tried the above setup with my RAM OCZ ddr2 800/6400, and same thing.

The only other possible problem is I tried my RAM in a working system with the X2 3800 CPU and it started the first time but then after that it did the same thing my system has been doing and I could not get a screen at all, could that be bad RAM, if the other mobo won't support RAM as new as the 800/6400 wouldn't it still work just at slower speeds?

So I don't know if I still have a bad mobo (Already RMA'ed it once) or if it is just bad RAM, the only thing is I tried the other set of RAM with my MOBO but it wouldn't work. Is there any reason the PC2-4200U-444 RAM won't wont work with my mobo? If so then that would make more sense but if it would work then it looks like I still have a bad mobo.

Given this new information does anyone have any suggestions that might help me out? Thanks for any help.

Can anyone help me out? The main thing I need to know is if there is a reason the test CPU and RAM wouldn't work on the AM9 32X. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom