Any reason not to get this video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merkwürdigliebe;1278780 said:
On top of it... it would only cost you $145.99 with an MIR :eek: and it's in stock!

and just remember that a 2900PRO = 2900XT when you overclock it.

But it is not the 512bit version, you can't flash it to HD2900XT

Thanks for the help guys.

I was under the impression that the ATI cards you guys are recommending wouldn't work for me because my Power Supply is only 375W which is my limiting factor here isn't it?

I looked on ATI's website and I thought the models you guys were mentioning required a minimum 450W power supply.

Please confirm the cards mentioned above will work with my 375W power supply.

Thanks.

I look at the specs for the 3800 series and they have a MIN 450W PSU requirement. 2900 series is 550W. I only have a 375W PSU. Am I missing something here??

The 1900 series doesn't specify a min PSU so does that mean it would work for me?

Thanks.

ya but the 3850gt runs on a 55nm die, and there is preaty much not a card on teh market exept for maybe the gtx/ultra and the 2900 series tha twould really need the power connectors, pci-e x16 has enfu bandwith to power the cards, companys just use power connectors, leave more bandwith for the gpu, all tho it isnt needed. but if you do have a power connector on the card make sure to plug it in as the card is designed not to draw power from the pci-e port.

But it is not the 512bit version, you can't flash it to HD2900XT

well, you don't need to flash it, you can just overclock it to XT speeds, and the 256bit interface won't be a limiting factor I don't think.. I mean, the 3870 is 256bit as well, basically, with a 2900PRO, you're getting a 3870 for $150, with more power consumption and heat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom