new MB problem with USB turning off

Status
Not open for further replies.

badkitty

In Runtime
Ok i just bought a new MB/CPU combo from fry's yesterday. ECS Nforce6M-A. Bios works fine, i put my windows disc in, hit key to boot from disc..as its loading everything and the screen comes up , Install New windows hit Enter, repair windows hit R , Exit hit F3 , as soon as that screen comes up, the lights on my mouse and keyboard go out and nothing workds.ALL usb in back and front panel stop working. I put a PS/2 adapter on keyboard but that doesnt power it up either.

Everything but the HD is brand new in this new computer. I even took the ram out of my Main pc and put in it..nothing changed, i unplugged all USB wires for front panel, nothing changed.Unplugged front panel audio connectors off board too, nothing. I reset bios to failsafe settings, nothing.

Is this board bad? I've never had a board have problems right out of box. Ya people will say thats what you get for buying ECS. Well i've built 15 pc's in the last 8 years, and upgraded MB/CPU on more, i usually stick with ASUS, ABIT and SOYO, but i've had have alot of ECS, never had problems with ECS.

Try just a regular PS/2 keyboard if possible no adapter from usb. Could be a keyboard problem. Are you using a KVM Switch?

i have 2 keyboards, both usb, one is wireless usb, both didnt work. the HD had windows on it, from previous setup, i was just gonna setup new windows over it after deleting partition as usual. it had loaded up to windows logon screen once, there i noticed the MOUSE and keyboard werent working, then i formatted HD on my main PC. i thinking its the MB

yes its on..i always make sure it is now days, since they added that to bios, thats why i dont have a ps/2 keyboard.

i figured it out..after getting replacment board..did same thing, what i forgot to mention was my power supply only has a 20pin power and 4pin aux power , now i know AMD boards take 24pin , but the instructions CLEARLY stated u CAN use a 20pin on it as long as it has 300w minimum, there was also a stick covering the last 4 pins, well apparently THEY"RE WRONG. my 450w wasnt doing it, i went and bought another with a 24pin and VOILA!! sighhhhhhhhhhh who writes instructions anyways? thanks for trying to help though, thats why this is the only place i goto for problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom