Lost paritition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugo82

In Runtime
I have 2 hard drives in my computer, one for OS and the other for storage.
When i reformated C: to put on a fresh OS my storage drive appears to have lost its partition and now i can't access the files.

Does anyone have any ideas what has happened and any solutions to get access to my beloved files?

Thanks,
Hugo

One quick method is to go into the device manager and look under storage devices there. Once you spot the effected drive list there right click on it and choose the uninstall option followed by a system restart. Upon loading up again Windows will sound off on the new hardware found notification where the drive should then be seen as a logical drive and accessible.

Whenever reinstalling or installing XP or Vista and seeing the other drives missing like in the case of Vista still on an ide model with XP on one of two sata drives the first place to rememdy a missing drive is a quick task there. You will likely see the prompt by Windows asking you to have Windows search or provide a driver disk where you simply let Windows search through it's own driver base to then install the drive all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom