OC Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riznarf

In Runtime
So i recently tried OCing my rig. I went into the BIOS, and increased the FSB from 333mhz to 350mhz. It posted and started windows, however in CPUZ it did not show an overclock, either in the CPU speed, or in fsb. It still showed 2.66ghz and 333fsb. I then restarted and went back into BIOS only to find the fsb supposedly still at 350mhz leaving me completely stumped. Any suggestions?

intels equivalent to AMD cool "n" quiet could be kicking in, disable it in the BIOS

Since you are using the ds3 board, make sure that it didnt "disable" overclocking. It will still show your overclocking numbers, but not actually have them enabled. Its a failsafe setup with the dual bios on the gigabyte boards.

Since you are using the ds3 board, make sure that it didnt "disable" overclocking. It will still show your overclocking numbers, but not actually have them enabled. Its a failsafe setup with the dual bios on the gigabyte boards.

thanks, i was thinking it was something like that. how do i "enable" OCing then? I didn't see any setting in the BIOS.

ITs in the advanced options, i dont remember offhand. If i recall correctly though its in the same set of options where you set the FSB, near the top.

no luck, it seems as if everything is in order, but i guess im missing something...

After you save the settings in the BIOS and reboot, does it turn on for a second, then turn off, then turn back on? If it does that, it is resetting itself, because it couldn't boot at the settings you had it at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom