reccomended CPU/Mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 8800GTS512 is basically the best card on the market for under 400 dollars. The 3870 isnt a bad card, but it gets smoked by the GTS512.

its not all about what it says on paper either. shader clocks on the nvidia are twice as fast as those on the 3870 i believe and the rest must come from the drivers. the 8800 gts 512mb is faster in pretty much everything.

On paper things sound great yeah. That doesn't always have much to do with real life performance. The 3870 is a great card yeah XD nothign wrong with it. Just that the 512 gts is much better. Though more expensive, for that reason.
card ranking sticky said:
8800Ultra
8800GTX
8800GTS 512MB (G92 Revision) <--
8800GT 512MB
HD2900XT 1GB
HD2900Pro 1GB
HD3870 512MB <--

the card ranking is based on OC and not "straight from box" Don't reference it to me, I have it bookmarked on my own.

The simple fact I wont be OC means the guide is only a starter to base things from, I can't use it to determine the actual "best card" for me.

Iam also thinking about waitin for the x2 model to come out. Prices will change and Iam thinkin the board of power is about to shift, and honestly most of you guys sound like Nvidia fanboys referencing to OC benchmarks and things rather then side by side visual.. afterall .. 60ms faster load time means nothing to me. Also Iam coming from a 128MB Radeon 9000, which means everything on that least except for about 38 cards is better then mine. Rad 9000 is about the 38th card up from the bottom- so anything in the top 10 cards is a significant change for me, "jaw dropping" "awe inspiring" "baddassery" all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom