What memory? What CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hapx4.0

In Runtime
It's been a while since i had upgraded my pc, and im looking to do a few upgrades to help smooth things out with new games.

I have a Asus A8N-SLI mother board

i really want to upgrade the RAM and CPU

right now the Ram i have is 1 gig of pc3200

and the cpu is a AMD 64 1.8Ghz (Overclocked to 2.5Ghz)

But my main question is, whats the best ram i can put in my MoBo? It says it can only take PC3200 @ 400Mhz but, is that the max i can go?

if so, what would be some good sticks? under $150.00 x2gigs

and the cpu is a 939 socket, i see a few dual cores that will work but, how much performance will i get out of the upgrade?

get an opteron 165 you will see the greatest performence increase there, then, get 2 gigs of ocz or g-skill as the ymake the best ddr400 ram. and oc teh **** out of yoru opty. you should be pleased, if your willign to get a new mobo tho that would be a huge step up, you could get a 5000+be or an equivelant intel chip.

I think the optys are a bit pricey. You can get a x2 3800 for $60. I've had mine overclocked to 2.8ghz easily. Oh and ddr1 ram is expensive so you might be better off selling your stuff and just doing a full upgrade. Thats what I'm considering doing...

how much are you willing to spend?
if you can afford $260 to go e2200+DS3L+2gb Ballistix that would be a highly beneficial upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom