Upgrade using a 45nm Core2 Duo - please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm, yeah it's unfortunate. But I'd rather have a solid working system then one that might give me some crap. I'm a noob so I don't know how to deal with stuff when it doesn't want to work.

I'm not really a techie so I don't mind being behind the front lines. Just need it to work and do the job.

never pay same price for something that offers less performance you will regret this.

but on the bright side u just got new system be happy. :)

Yeah the e8400 and 8500 are available from auspcmarket.com.au .. only in the past couple days.

I ended up going back to my original choice of the E6750 because of the unknowns and probable lack of bios compatibility with the new 45nm chips. It was just a bit risky, but I'm not too worried with the performance drop, I wasn't planning on overclocking or anything anyway.

It'll do.

that wasn't a good move because all of the P35 chipsets supported Wolfdale processors, and you could overclock them better than the e6750

So you all reckon the 45nm chip would have gone into the motherboard with no problems?

Oh well. The price you pay for ignorance and lack of confidence.

I hate buying computer stuff :(

I should have left it a few more days before ordering. Oh well... Done is done! - I suppose . . .

glad to know the e6750 is still ok.

I wouldn't know what the **** to do with the e8400 anyway to be honest. It'd probably just sit in my box running at it's normal clock speed :p and that would be a bit sacrilegious.

SimonC I have that same MOBO and is suppose to support the E8400 out of the box without a BIOS update or something anyway I too own the E6750 and later in the future if you want more performance out of that CPU you can still overclock it without problem to 3.0GHz or more..

Note: My MOBO is version 1.0 but still is basically same..

SimonC I have that same MOBO and is suppose to support the E8400 out of the box without a BIOS update or something anyway I too own the E6750 and later in the future if you want more performance out of that CPU you can still overclock it without problem to 3.0GHz or more..

Note: My MOBO is version 1.0 but still is basically same..

I got mine to a little over 3.5GHz on air. Sits nicely at 20-25 idle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom