hmm what sort of power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kisskerven

In Runtime
so yea.. comes time to ask for help with power...

original CPU plan was Q6600, however with the new ones coming out.. I think I might get the Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450..

8800GT x2
4x 1GB DDR2 800 (2 sets of 2x1GB Dual Channel)(Possible overclock)
500GB seagate barracuda 32MB cache Sata HDD
80GB Western Digital 8MB cache Sata HDD
ASUS P5E LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard +sound
Keep in mind USB mouse, Keyboard and about 3 Jump drives in use at nearly all times, and a USB Hub (6 USB 2.0 Devices) Round it up to 10 for easy math and expandability. (lots of USB things out there)

I think that covers power users.... now for preference...
Modular Cable is a MUST
no lights if able.... most are blue.. and I hate blue.. (if there red that's cool)

not sure whats cheap in usa, but if u really want a modular you could get sumthin from the silver stone strider series. that seem to be reasonably priced in australia

Lil change.. I won't be dualing 8800GT... I fail to see the point really so that needs changed, and I stillwould like modular cabling.
Iam thinking of revising my mobo and going ATI HD 3870 even if it doesn't overclock as well, its 60 dollars cheaper then the 8800GTS (G92) and has better stats, more stream proccessors, more core clock, more memory clock, and GDDR4 instead of GDDR3

and by shear-non OC comparison- the HD3870 has better stats then the 8800Ultra... which is is about double its price. Since I don't really plan to OC my Video or RAM anyway... I fail to see the point.

and 2 HD3870 runnin together in crossfire would blow away 1 8800Ultra anyway.. and cost the same... correct?

so i need "550w power supply with 2- 75W 6 pin PCIe power connectors" To be read for 2, 3870 Cards- and thats just for the card recomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom