reccomended CPU/Mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you grab the q9450 watercooling is definitely not necessary at all.

I'd say spend the money your paying for 2 GT's on one better card, and dont bother with the nvidia chipsets.

so I guess I third veedubs choices. And pick a better card. like the gts 512 G92. or the upcoming 9800gx2 if it launches at its supposed 450 or so price. which is only a bit more than two 8800 gt's.. i believe. (havent looked recently. i think they're still floating around 220 arent they?) Even the next step down 9800.

Just an opinion though.

I guess 1 higher ranking would be better overall, its not like iam dual monitoring on 40inch LCDs or anything crazy like that.

oh and by the way, I hate rap.

I can't seem to find the gigabyte p35-ds35 you mentioned, did you mean something else?

grr help me find this thing.. and I hope its 2.0 and not just an x16

if you want an x38 id say the maximus formula or the gigabyte x38 dq6.
those are the two im choosin between. i've heard great things from both. but i'd like to avoid asus. i've had to deal with their customer service first hand. I still do but i'm not going to bother heh. i'll take the 300$ hit and just buy a new board. yes thats how bad it is. hahaha

oh yeah? think that's work as good as the dq6? im ordering when my pay hits tomorrow morning and I like the idea of saving nearly 100$

and it looks like the passibe copper cooling wont get in the way of my rad as bad as the p5k deluxe does. The cpu is a bit close to the top.. I don't think that'll cause me any trouble though. Looks nice and I can still have both PCI slots. bonus.

Edit~ nevermind its not even available in canada yet. and it'll be 240$ anyway. i'll just go dq6

well since Iam upgrading from a 7-8 year old rig, Id like to be as "state of the art" as possible.. not just because its cool and all that.. but because I probably won't be upgrading again for another 5 years... so I'd like a 2.0 slot- even if I don't use it right away.

I mean.. I am probably taking out a loan for this anyway, I might as well make it worth all the effort right? ^.^

I was looking at that card.. and what makes it better then the Radeon HD3870 series?
Radeon has 320 Stream Proc. 800MHz core, 2400 MemoryClock, 256Bit and GDDR4 where as the
8800GTS (G94) has 128 Stream Proc, 675MHz core, 1940MHz Memory clock, 256bit and GDDR3

Not to mention the HD3870 Mentioned above is 250ish... so can the Nvidia really OC that much more then the Radeon? or are you guys just being Nvidia-minded?

Seems to me the Radeon has it beat in EVERY catagory.. same MB size.. and cheaper...so Iam leaning toward this MOBO Newegg.com - ASUS P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail and going Radeon....
besides.. 2 HD3870 would cost the same as an 8800Ultra.. and outperform it.(Not that I plan on buying 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom