Any reason not to get this video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maynard99

Solid State Member
Hi guys, need some help here. Here is the card I am looking at getting:

Newegg.com - XFX PVT84JUSD4 GeForce 8600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Is there anything wrong with this card? I see it isn't as popular as the other XFX 8600GT and GTS cards but it's core clock is 680MHz which is faster than the GTS. It is $100 and includes the free game which is a bonus to me. It looks like this is the best deal going in the 8600 series but I don't know a lot, so what is your guys oppinions?

Or would I be better off getting a 8600GT 512MB @540MHz and overclocking it? What could I clock it too? This would cost $30 more. Will 512MB make much of a difference over 256MB or is Clock speed more important?

I don't think I can get a much better card because my Power Supply is only 375W. If you guys can recommend a better card that will work with my system let me know.

Thanks a bunch for the help.

Agree with the above if you can afford the extra.

The other possibility is to wait for the 9600 series, which is planned to replace the 8600, so presumably it will have a similar price tag.

Nvidia holds the top end, but ATI rules the mid-range.

The X1950 is a great card, but the 3850 romps it royally.

Isn't the 2900XT/PRO just as fast the HD3870? For $160, I think that a friggin sweet deal! Pounce on it while you can!

Actually, I wish I got two of those in crossfire... holy crap, that's an amazing deal... :(

How come $160 2900PROs went unoticed? Does anybody realize that 2x2900PRO in crossfire would cost you $320? That's almost as much as I paid for my G92 GTS... but of course you'd have to deal with the mass power consumption and heat... but I think it'd be worth it!

On top of it... it would only cost you $145.99 with an MIR :eek: and it's in stock!

and just remember that a 2900PRO = 2900XT when you overclock it.

HD2900pro 512-BIT is out of stock, so you can't get it

You you can only find HD2900pro 256Bit on stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom