GPU temps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

undefined

In Runtime
amd x2 5200+, radeon 3850 512mb, 500gb seagate, 2gb ram, msi k9a2 mobo, coolermaster 690 case

ati catalyst installed, rivatuner installed

what should be my typical CPU temps? I have around 30-35 C for idle and when I play CoD4, around 68-72 C with the fan set at 50% duty using riva.

Is that ok?

Re: CPU temps...

68-72C is a bit too high for load. Are you talking about the GPU or CPU?...because you mentioned setting Riva at 50%. I assume that's controlling the GPU's fan. If that's the GPU you're talking about, it's ok. But you should add in a case fan or something to help with. Now if that's the CPU, make sure you installed that heatsink correctly. Or get an aftermarket to help with the cooling.

Actually those are both for GPU. I'm getting these readings off of Riva Tuner.

Oh ok...because the thread title said CPU. I'll change it.

That seems normal to me. Actually I kinda expected lower, with the HD3850 having a 55nm process.

You may want to get a another side intake, to help with the cooling a bit.

Ok just installed CPUID Hardware Monitor:

GPU is at 40C under no load. Just Firefox/Pidgin.

CPU is at core 0, 17C, and core1 at 18C.

HD is at 27C.

*edit* I have three case fans, 120mm from the CM690 case and a CPU fan/heatsink (came with the proc) and a GPU fan.

I know you're sorry.

All the temperatures are fine. The GPU may be a bit warm on load. So if you want, stick another side intake to help with the GPU.

Oh, I meant a case fan for the side panel as an intake, so it can take in cool air for the graphic card.

And the GPU still loads around 68-72C? Your ambient must be a little warm.

Another thing to do, is setting the fan at 100% via Riva. That should help bring it down a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom