overclocking screwup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invisible

MetalHead Techie
my computer was working just fine until i decided to put a 2.8 OC on it with 1:1 fsb/ram ratio. i set cas latency to 5 and all other ram stuff on auto.
voltage was at 1.4, pci speed(forgot what its called) was 105, default 100

the post screen came up and said press delete to go to setup
this didn't work i pressed delete many times

so i rebooted into bios and set it back at default cpu core Voltage and core clock and pci speed
i left the ram latency at 5 cuz i forgot about it

save and exited

rebooted and the computer doesn't do the power check thing at the beginning!
(where it turns on then turns off then turns on and windows loads)
monitor is recieving no signal at all!!
dvi cable is firmly in place
pci-e power cord and 8800gt is in place as well

is this an overclocking screwup or something else?

Power down your PC completely and disconnect it from the wall and remove the ATX Motherboard power connector. Then, just carefully remove the battery and leave it to one side for about 30 minutes (could even take overnight in some odd cases). After this time period, replace the battery and plug everything in again. The CMOS would have powered down and all the records would have been lost, meaning that everything is now back to the default settings.

This happened to me on my old P35 Plat. I had to RMA my board.

So the MOBO isnt even POSTing at all? No beeps/onboard LEDs/number readout? Does it stall somewhere in the POST procedure?

But yeah, firstly, i would try removing the CMOS bettery like merk said.

It happened to me yesterday when I was playing around with timings. I just cleared cmos and it was back to normal. Invisible how high have you oc'ed your cpu so far. I'm stuck at 3.4.

Power down your PC completely and disconnect it from the wall and remove the ATX Motherboard power connector. Then, just carefully remove the battery and leave it to one side for about 30 minutes (could even take overnight in some odd cases). After this time period, replace the battery and plug everything in again. The CMOS would have powered down and all the records would have been lost, meaning that everything is now back to the default settings.
in the manual it just says i should move it from pins 2-3 to pins 1-2 leave it for a couple minutes, then move it back

o well i'll try both

woot it worked switching the cmos thing back and forth!
btw im at 2.3
slowly workin up :)
i don't wanna have to run the tuniq on high cuz its very loud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom