Starting to build HTPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little TLW

Beta member
My case is a Silverstone Grandia GD02-MT, motherboard is a Intel DG33TL Mobo , CPU is Intel Q6700 2.66GHz Quad,Dvb card is Twinhan 102g digital satellite receiver. Looking for suggestions for a good power supply,sound card,video card,and anything else I might need to fire up this baby. THANKS

Thats WAY too much cpu for a theatre pc. Save the money and buy an e2180 and buy more storage.
My HTPC is:
5x750gb seagate 7200.10
gigabyte p35-ds3r
e2180@3.0ghz
arctic freezer pro
msi 8500 GT 256
hauppage 1800 media center card
vista home premium 32.

Im connecting to LG 42" plasma there will be some gaming not alot though and I allready have the cpu so why not use it.

Oh, ya i have mine hooked to a 42" sony wega rear projection lcd. Sadly its only 720p/1080i as the tv is almost 5 years old now.

bedubfreak is right you don't need nearly that much processing power. Most athlons can handle being used in HTPC build.

PC Gaming has heavy requirements.. video/audio is a piece of cake for almost all of the modern cards out. When you say "there will be some gaming" do you mean gaming on a console or playing the games on the computer. Btw, it really doesn't matter how big your screen is.. 20" to 100" wont matter, the screen will still have the same amount of pixels on it.

Save the money and buy some nice headphones, speakers, more HD space.. something xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom