which psu

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidsteve

Daemon Poster
ok so i've basically picked all my pc parts but now i have to decide on a psu to go inside

there is 3 i've looked at but i'll tell you my build first (no links due to posting on ps3)

mobo - foxconn intel p35a
cpu - intel Q6600
ram - patriot 4GB (2x 2GB) pc2-6400 extreme professional
hdd - 500GB seagate 32mb
gpu - nVidia geforce 8800 gt with 512 ram
DVD - 1x samsung dvd rw and 1x liteon dvd rom
other - internal card reader, pci usb and creative S/B audlgy sound card
cpu cooler - nexus lxm-8200
case - nexus caterpillar

now the 3 psu's i've looked at are made by nexus, the only difference between the 3 is power and price

so its either 400W at £62, 500W at £77 of the bigger 600W at £84 which would i need

show the PSU's because the Wattage is BS to findout the power of it

sorry but like i just said i am posting with my playstation 3 web browser so i can not get the link but if you go on aria.co.uk and search nexus they will pop up

the 500w has 4 12v rails rated at 18 each and an extra 12v rail that 36... get that

UH, whoa whoa whoa..
Stop.

Please refer to the power supply guide linked in signature for reccomended brands.
Nexus is not reccomended... It has never been reccomended any where...

There are many far better power supplies for LESS at that same website, THIS ONE for example..
http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...20W+HX+V2+Series+Modular+PSU+?productId=27954
Corsair 620HX.

There are so many choices at that website, just look at all the "good" brands in the power supply guide.

Nexus............... Shudders...

ok thanks guys i now have a 600W OCZ StealthXStream psu in mind

kind of hoping to go for a quite one but that will do

Those power supplies have been known to have some voltage ripple problems at high loads.

Suggest you chose a different one..
Though it is still better than the others you posted.

Those power supplies have been known to have some voltage ripple problems at high loads.

Suggest you chose a different one..
Though it is still better than the others you posted.

ok which world be the best with a ok price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom