swdude12

Solid State Member
all at Bestbuy.com

Toshiba - Satellite Laptop with AMD Turionâ„¢ 64 X2 - Onyx Blue
Model: P205D-S7802 - $650

* AMD Turionâ„¢ 64 X2 mobile technology TL-58*
* 2GB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM for multitasking power, expandable to 4GB
* Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW d
* 17" WXGA+ TFT-LCD widescreen display with TruBrite technology and 1440 x 900 resolution; native support for 720p content
* 160GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 rpm)
* ATI RADEON X1200 graphics with 128MB-319MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory; S-video TV-out

HP - Pavilion Laptop with AMD Turionâ„¢ 64 X2
Model: dv9715nr - $899

* AMD Turionâ„¢ 64 X2 mobile technology TL-60* for AMD dual-core technology in a thin-and-light design; HyperTransportâ„¢ and AMD PowerNow!â„¢ technologies and improved security with Enhanced Virus Protection**
* 2GB DDR2 memory for multitasking power, expandable to 4GB
* Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible media; supports DVD-RAM; also supports LightScribe direct-disc labels using compatible LightScribe media
* 17" WXGA+ high-definition widescreen display with BrightView technology and 1440 x 900 resolution
* 250GB SATA hard drive (5400 rpm)
* NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M (UMA) graphics with up to 799MB shared video memory; S-video TV-out

is there a big difference here besides the hdd and the TL58 and TL60? Im leaning towards the toshiba because its so cheap for a 17". but i also want something to i wont be needing to upgrade for awhile...more ram, hdd space etc. any thoughts thanks

Nevermind...i went to Best Buy and looked at the Toshiba and it looked very cheap to me...I am going to go with an HP. Im gonna compare prices at Hp.com and bestbuy and circuit city. any thoughts

if you get the hp you'll probably want more ram cause 800mb in a gfx card can eat up your ability to use vista with effectiveness. and i assume vista will be on there.

ok thanks ill look into all the options. Ive been comparing and it seems that hp.com has the best prices going, so im gonna make up my mind within the next few days. thanks ago

I'd go with the HP, good quality and buying direct usually gives you a good price. Those lower priced Toshibas are generally pretty cheap quality--you get what you pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom