ATI CARDS: Crysis 1.1 vs 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh...like me. I have WAY more computer than i need for actual gaming, yet i just cant stop with the whole benchmarking and tweaking. A single GTS 320 was enough, SLI GT was more than enough, this current GTS SLI setup is way more than enough. Please god make it stop.

Tell me about it... I could of been fine with my opteron and 8500... but once i heard that it wasnt really that good and that all these prices dropped and all these aswome things were out i was like... **** no i gotta get this stuff

Now i'll just concentrate on making my stuff be fine

Heh...like me. I have WAY more computer than i need for actual gaming, yet i just cant stop with the whole benchmarking and tweaking. A single GTS 320 was enough, SLI GT was more than enough, this current GTS SLI setup is way more than enough. Please god make it stop.
I could have stuck with the 8800 GT for a while. But then I went with crossfired 3870's.

from what I've seen CF 3870s outperform the ultra in almost all cases until you start heaping on lots of AA

...but 6x Narrowtent is plenty for me and the 38x series handles it superbly :)

except in crysis of course...but poop on crysis.

from what I've seen CF 3870s outperform the ultra in almost all cases until you start heaping on lots of AA

...but 6x Narrowtent is plenty for me and the 38x series handles it superbly :)

except in crysis of course...but poop on crysis.

Ah, but i like AA....

CF definatly has a better reputation then sli... but im guessing my 8800 gt's will be able to handle the AA i enjoy and be up to par with the 3870's?

I would like a 3870's rig just because i hear the drivers for crossfire are way better than sli

Ah, but i like AA....

CF definatly has a better reputation then sli... but im guessing my 8800 gt's will be able to handle the AA i enjoy and be up to par with the 3870's?

I would like a 3870's rig just because i hear the drivers for crossfire are way better than sli
Crossfired 3870's can handle 4X AA well. It's usually anything after that that they start to see a significant performance hit.
Except if you run Crysis. Then, any anti-aliasing is going to have a significant performance hit, whether you use an Nvidia or ATI card.

But then, actual image quality doesn't really improve beyond about 4X AA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom