XP and Saving Files to CD-RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWood20

Beta member
I've been trying to save word docs and other files to a CD-RW. I have Windows XP Home and I get a message that says I do not have permission to save to the CDRW drive. The message also says that I must cotact the system administrator to get permission.
I'm logged in as the system administrator! I am able to save a file to My Documents on my hard drive and then click and drag to the CDRW drive. However, once the file is written to disc then it becomes a read only file. I have been uable to successfuly save directly to a CD and I've been unsuccessful at changing the file property so that it is not a read only file after I drag it to the disc. I am not currently using a third party burning software, I would like to to all of this within XP. Any help, suggestions, and/or tips would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

What exactly are u trying to do? R u trying to change the attribute of the file on the cd? A file on a cd will allways be read only. U cant change that in any way.

u cant change file on the CDRW, only can compile the files from your HDD and burn on CDRW.

You would need something like Roxio's Direct CD...this will allow the CD-RW disc to be formated in a way that it acts as a hard drive so you can edit the document in real time rather than just copying the file over.

cd-rom is read-only memory. if you want to save a new version of your file than save it to hard disk first and replace the file on CD with this one. if using a CD burning program choose to "continue multisession CD" and just drop that new version in. it will prompt to "do you want to replace this file with this one?".

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I will use a burning software program. You guys answered my question perfectly. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom