GeForce 9800 GX2 Exclusive Pics & Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we are going to have to wait for the 10 series to play crysis on max now. *sigh for technology

i doubt it i mean the only reason Crysis is really the way it is is because of the drivers out for it arent that good yet. But by the time they get good drivers out there will be new graphics cards out and pple will think OH its the GPU that did it and all they bought was Overkill i'd just stick with a GT for a while

i doubt it i mean the only reason Crysis is really the way it is is because of the drivers out for it arent that good yet. But by the time they get good drivers out there will be new graphics cards out and pple will think OH its the GPU that did it and all they bought was Overkill i'd just stick with a GT for a while

n a new patch for Crysis so it can be compatible with the 8800 n HD 3800 series. That's what also is holding performance back from the GPUs, is because Crysis hasnt gotten a patch yet to be more compatible.

30% faster than Ultra, cost only $449 and Nvidia have better performance that ATI video cards when running AA

n a new patch for Crysis so it can be compatible with the 8800 n HD 3800 series. That's what also is holding performance back from the GPUs, is because Crysis hasnt gotten a patch yet to be more compatible.

my bad thats what i was supposed to mean by "drivers" ah i was having a bad day that day

AMD and Nvidia in dual GPU graphics card war

DIGITIMES says that 9800GX2 will be around 1.3-1.5 times faster than GeForce 8800 Ultra

1.3-1.5 means 30%-50%
so, about on par with regular SLI.

I think Nvidia needs to do some work on SLI.
The G92 is good, but still doesn't scale all that well when you put multiple ones together.

*edit*
I'm not sure I like the idea of two PCB's for "one graphics card" either.
looks a bit like a repeat of the 7950 GX2
the PCB's were so close together, so that didn't help cooling.

at least with regular SLI/crossfire, there is usually more breathing room for the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom