RAM wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheepykins

Daemon Poster
hey.

i bought some new RAM for my PC. installed it and it doesnt seem to work, all i get is a blank screen and everything is powered but it wont boot anything not even start up. thats in the first RAM slot

in the other 2, all i get is beep beep you have no RAM installed.

the ram type is DDR PC2700A 333mhz

installed already i have 1 stick of 512 at DDR PC2700 333mhz but obviously no A on the end. i bought the 1 gig stick as PC2700 not PC2700A, so i left a forum post on my mobo manufacturers website, Asus, who the **** knows if they'll get back to me.

any ideas?

Looks like the one you just bought is faulty.

Can you please describe the beep codes? And what motherboard is it, that you have? If you don't know, download CPU-Z, go to the mainboard tab, and report back the motherboard model and manufacturer. Or the BIOS brand.

Oh and...
Welcome-to-TF.png

the motherboard is the

Asus A7V8X-X.

beep code was like a longish beep over and over again.

Bios brand

Award Software inc.
version: asus A7V8X-X ACPI bios revision 1013
date (i guess when it was updated) 09/02/2004

Thanks.

It's a RAM error. Most likely you got a bad stick. Try re-seating the new stick you just bought, in different slots.

yeh it works in the first slot. well i say works. nothing happens, blank screen no boot.

in the other two just beeps all the time. not the first one though just the other two. thanks anyway :)

It might. Just be careful when you flash the BIOS, and do it at your own risk.

But if the stick really is faulty, flashing the BIOS won't help.

So you say it doesn't beep in the first slot, but still nothing shows up on the screen? I would just return that stick for a replacement.

hey thanks for all the help b1gapl

i sent it back and they tested it as faulty, i got my money back minus the delivery fees for them to send it to me, which was balls but hey item price is good enough so im only a few pounds out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom