For the DX10 on XP folks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those ***** i was hoping so bad for DX10, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Now i have to wait for XP SP3 with DX10, which i doubt, or wait for a cleaner version of 32 bit Vista Ultimate, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh f**K you ALKY

Xp is not going to be dx10 capable on top of the fact of the way it is written, I highly doubt M$ would do that there is one of there selling points for vista and there having hard enough time trying to get people to invest in vista. Just my two cents...

Ahh gotta love Microsoft's marketing power.

Put the good stuff on the new OS that not many people can tolerate just yet so they are forced to upgrade to get the latest and greatest gaming technologies. wooooooooo

$$$$ :(

Yeah. It's unfortunate, really, that Microsoft controls the DX aspect of things. I personally like all 3 OS platforms, but I just wish there was a little bit less of greed in the situation. Granted, they donate a lot, and I'm told their support boards are very very nice, as opposed to Mac's which are supposedly garbage... but nonetheless, Microsoft could have implemented some better backwards compatibility here. I think it's ridiculous they didn't.

Oh well. Sometimes it's just better to put in a couple hours of overtime, buy the new thing on the market and have your fun instead of having a slightly fatter wallet bored as ever wondering why you're not playing Crysis or something. :p Good thing I'm not a huge gamer!

FRom what i see DX9 was released in 2002 which gives them 6 years right now to reverse engineer it. By that time Vista will most likely be gone and Windows 7 will be released. :p
Or maybe even Windows 8. I do wonder about something, though. Remember the old 3DFX Voodoo video cards? They were top of the line in their day. They used their own API called Glide. Back then, if you had a different kind of 3D card, you could install a Glide "wrapper" that translated all Glide commands to OpenGL. It's not really that hard for a programmer to learn DirectX and what all of the different things do, so why couldn't a wrapper be made? I know it wouldn't be a perfect translation, but maybe you could get close. I think that OpenGL can do most things that DX10 can do. I've seen screen shots of the new OpenGL version coming out and it's at least as good as DX10.

If it's been done with Glide, it seems like that could be done with DX, and it would be a lot quicker than just trying to reverse engineer the whole thing.

Ahh gotta love Microsoft's marketing power.

Put the good stuff on the new OS that not many people can tolerate just yet so they are forced to upgrade to get the latest and greatest gaming technologies. wooooooooo

$$$$ :(
But that is the whole point of a new version. Why would anyone put out a new version that didn't have features that aren't available in the previous version? That would be insane.

feh, I think some of you guys are just way to young to appreciate MS and DirectX. They made it and it's a better world for all consumers. It's not about greed.

Before, when you had to really search for your own drivers and everyone implemented their own rendering engines, this stuff was a nightmare for all.

You would buy your game, install game...then choose your video card and sound card, hoping you chose the right ones. Sometimes your soundblaster 16 card would not work as soundblaster but work as Adlib. Then we had to pick if we were using a joystick of some sort or not.

Than MS decided, why not have our engineers develop all this stuff for everyone, and all people had to do was get drivers for their cards and patches for their games. And all you do now is pick if you wanted to use an auxillary controller, tweak audio and video settings. Off you go.

It's a much better world for computing and gaming, and thanks to Microsoft and their development of DirectX. DirectX is Microsoft's...why is it bad they control what they created? It's not...it's not :D

The above was some of my humble opinions and facts. Agree or not ;)

But that is the whole point of a new version. Why would anyone put out a new version that didn't have features that aren't available in the previous version? That would be insane.

It seems insane, but with quite a few things, you are made to think you need an upgrade then something happens and the upgrade becomes unnecessary, i guess not with this :(

I am finally giving in, a week before Farcry 2 comes out i will be buying vista ultimate 32 bit...

I think that OpenGL can do most things that DX10 can do. I've seen screen shots of the new OpenGL version coming out and it's at least as good as DX10.

it might also be that because opengl is just a 3d rendering thing, whereas DX10 is something that handles all the aspects, visuals, audio, input. And DX10 also isn't by itself, it's a part of the Vista rendering api. So that may make a complex job that much more complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom