Intel 45nm Wolfdale E8500, E8400 and E8200 benchmark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think phenom will be any competition now for enthusiasts.

I mean it's about as fast as the 65nm quads clock for clock...yet it can't overclock as high. And now that the 45nm chips are faster than the 65nm intel quads by about 8-10% in games then that puts these new chips even further ahead

well currently games are all gpu limited as long as you have a dual core CPU above 2.6ghz or so (not a Pentium D though :p ) ......so you shouldn't need to worry ab out a new CPU for a little while

Yeah all of the Core 2 Duo and Quad owners here are definatly not worried about their cpus. The video card is easily the biggest bottleneck, and will be for some time I imagine.

well currently games are all gpu limited as long as you have a dual core CPU above 2.6ghz or so (not a Pentium D though :p ) ......so you shouldn't need to worry ab out a new CPU for a little while

Exactly... if Intel starts making a GPU then maybe my interest will be peaked. I feel like Intel is just eliminating my worry regarding a piece of hardware lol.

ok so il just concentrate on oredring my 2 3870's, ive been looking into a 8800gts 512mb aswell tho, i do want to break the tech forums record tho, but at the same time i wana be able to max crysis out at 1280x1024 with no aa. and i think it might just be playabel with 2 3870's but not with one g92 8800gts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom