cd drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice9

In Runtime
If I want to be able to copy cds and dvds and watch dvds and play games and listen to cds then what drives will I need? I want to get the best ones as they don't really cost very much.

To do all that alls you will need is a DVD-RW.

Dvd burners can copy DVDS and CDS. And can be used as a CD ROM.

If you want to play games and listen to cds at once your best bet is to get a DVD-RW and a seperate CD-ROM.

-AnGuiSh- said:
To do all that alls you will need is a DVD-RW.

Dvd burners can copy DVDS and CDS. And can be used as a CD ROM.

If you want to play games and listen to cds at once your best bet is to get a DVD-RW and a seperate CD-ROM.

eh never though aobut listen to seperate music while playing a game. and its in my room so I can just put my stereo on. But with the dvd burner be as fast as 52x/32/52 cd rom drive? And what dvd burner should I get?

It won't be as fast as the mentioned specs, but you won't be able to notice the difference... I have a 8x NEC DVD-RW drive which works perfect for all the things you mentioned..It has a 32x CD-RW drive and still records a cd in about 4 minutes. If you want those extra two minutes saved for recording normal CD-R's than I would do two seperate drives..Even right now a 4X DVD-RW drive is pretty cheap and is dominant in media..if you get an 8xDVD-RW drive you really can't take advantage of it as 8x media is very expensive and hard to find.

also just to clarify I couldnt tell is you were asking the CD-R write speed was going to be the same as a 52X drive or the DVD write speed... Basically its like this

A 4x drive will record a full 4.7GB DVD in about 10 minutes
A 52x CDR-W drive will record a full 700MB CD-R in about 3 minutes.

Win2kpatcher said:
also just to clarify I couldnt tell is you were asking the CD-R write speed was going to be the same as a 52X drive or the DVD write speed... Basically its like this

A 4x drive will record a full 4.7GB DVD in about 10 minutes
A 52x CDR-W drive will record a full 700MB CD-R in about 3 minutes.
ok I have cd burner downstairs thats will do 52x so that doesn't really matter. So I will just get a dvd burner, but which one so I can have the best performance on games and dvds and copy dvds the fastest? Isn't there 16x dvd burners?

yep 16x's are out but really a waste of money at this point in time due to the lack of media available...I would recommend maybe a 12x if you're looking for something quick...I have a plextor drive here at work which kicks ass! it is a plextor Model: PX-712A/SW...this would be a good single drive for you as you burn a dvd+ disc in 12x mode or a DVD- disc in 8x mode and have a *****in CD-R speed of 48X...you would not be dissapointed with it, but it is expensive :)

Win2kpatcher said:
yep 16x's are out but really a waste of money at this point in time due to the lack of media available...I would recommend maybe a 12x if you're looking for something quick...I have a plextor drive here at work which kicks ass! it is a plextor Model: PX-712A/SW...this would be a good single drive for you as you burn a dvd+ disc in 12x mode or a DVD- disc in 8x mode and have a *****in CD-R speed of 48X...you would not be dissapointed with it, but it is expensive :)

woah you arent kidding me. I had know Idead they cost that much. I'm actually thinking now that I havnt gotten this far without ever needing to copy dvds so I really don't think i need a dvd burner. Didn't know they were that expensive. But I do need a dvd player. So whats the best for that? A 16x dvd drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom