Not open for further replies.

bebe

Baseband Member
Hi all

I am a rookie at this, so bear with me

I tried running a new game on my PC, Basic 3d game and it kept aborting

So I bought a new graphics card thinking that was the issue

I have a Diamond Stealth S60 with Radeon 7000

I plugged this in to a PCI slot on my PC and loaded the drivers and tried the game again. This time it comes up all greenish blur. I also notice when I try to set my screen resolution to 600x800 my screen also goes to this greenish blur

My PC is

Intel Pentium III
996 Mhz
512 Mb Ram

I have a SVA VR-17S monitor

Any one have a clue what is causing this

Thanks

greenish blur...you mean like it looks to be smeared? I think that's a sign your monitor might die soon. Things can die quick or long and painful, like a whole year.

This only happens when it is in 800x600 pixels or when I try to play this one game. Up until I put in the new graphics card all was fine.

can you take a screenie? if you can and it takes the messed up image than we can know more...if you hit prt scrn and paste into something but it comes up normal, it might be the monitor.

you know how to capture screen images?
dl something like irfanview
hit print screen key...open irfanview, paste - ctr V, save as...preferrable jpg and not bmp :D...host to a freebie site like imageshack unless you have something already

Okay - I tried two things and both once pasted did not show the blur screen, but showed what actually was on the screen, if I could see it right

1. I started the game and it came up with the blur colored screen that changes color and waves across the screen and did a screen print and pasted into Word

2. I went in the Control Panel and changed the display resolution to 600x800 and it came up with the blur colored screen that changes color and waves across the screen and did a screen print and pasted into Word

Both pastes did not show the bad screen

there should be a physical control for this monitor...either as a button or a knob somewhere...you should be able to reset settings or do a degauss.

It could also be that the hertz setting for the monitor are not appropriate for it. You should see that in control panel/display too. The game may be using a hertz setting outside of what your screen can handle.

The computer seems fine...there is issues with the monitor. Could be fixed by a factory setting reset, hertz adjustment...or the monitor could be counting it's last days. If your monitor settings are already at 60hz, a very basic point...I think that is a signal that your monitor is indeed dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom