Totally F**ked pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Roberto

In Runtime
Two days ago my wireless usb stick stopprd working so i returned it and now this morning i turned on my pc and it got stuck in an endless cycle of rebooting, this has happened before so i knew it was the ram, after taking out one of the ram sticks the computer booted fine and i started transferring some files for use on my laptop. but while i was doing this i was searching for a file in the search function, as soon as i pushed search the hdd made the same sound a floppy drive makes and vista crashed. Now whenever i reboot my pc the whole thing just crashes as vista loads. Any one got any idea why this is happening or am i just incredibly unlucky? could it be a psu failure? how could i test this without destroying any more stuff.

thanks in advance for any help.

Gigabyte ga-945p-dq6
Intel Core2Duo e6300
Hitachi deskstar 500gb
geforce 8600gt Fatal1ty
asusquiet track sata dvd rw
hyena 550watt psu
2gb ocz gold ddr800

So your HDD made a grinding noise? that usually means your HDD is dying. AS for the RAM, OCZ is crap. There's a reason it's so cheap. Get some Crucial or Patriot.

yup a grinding noise, so you dont think it could be another hardware related error, ill try my old 80gb hdd and see if it will boot from that. meanwhile ill have to see about getting an rma on the ram and hdd.
what really annoys me is that i was selling the pc and had just found a buyer for it :(

lol

It could be a fan somewhere in your PC, but if it's the HDD, its gonna fail soon.

If you need to get data off the HDD, put it in a ziploc bad and in the freezer for aobut 10 minutes, that might give ya enough time ti back everything up before it completely dies.

ok it managed to boot, am now copying all my important files, ive lost 350gb of movies i had on there though, they were copying when it crashed and most of them are now corrupt :( thanks for your help hopefully after replacing the ram and hdd it will work fine

That sound is the head slapping on the top of the disk casing.

To eipeks: OCZ is good RAM, its not crap in any sense of the word.

yea ive allready rma'ed my ocz ram twice it keeps failing for no reason, im running it underclocked too... really annoying because it will take about 3 weeks before i get it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom