Need Largest Processor Size For T6212 Sk 939?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "+" doesn't mean anything. It originally refered to the naming schedule which was based against the P4 speeds. A 3200+ was equal to or better ("+") than a 3.2 GHz P4.

I'm running a 4200+ X2. it's a great CPU. If you can find a 4400+ X2, grab it... they had double the cache, like the Optys.

A great CPU is the Opty 165 (for overclocking... which you can't OC). The 175 and 185 are also great. All Optys have double the cache of regular X2s.

Yeah, the FX's are expensive, but OC like mad.

Thats what I needed to hear. Does the wattage matter or do all the 939s use the 89W? They're expensive on eBay, any other places you would look for them? TNX for all

The big boys may use a little more, but I really don't remember.

I use pricegrabber.com to look for decent deals, and there are other shopping searches out there. Since s939 has been discontinued for a while, the better CPUs are hard to find, especially at a decent price.

You might want to look through the Buy/Sell/Trade forum here. You can find some decent deals, but you being new could make dealing a little hard. i found my current CPU there... traded a GFX card for it.

I would look around for an opteron 165...i am curently using one for s939, and it keeps up with all the newer am2 CPUs. its also a great OCer, as it has a stock clock of 1.8ghz and i have gotten mine to 3.0ghz stable.

They are hard to find, but they are out there, get one while you still can.

I have a 3800+ X2 toledo core, they are cheap and overclock like crazy :D

I would look around for an opteron 165...i am curently using one for s939, and it keeps up with all the newer am2 CPUs. its also a great OCer, as it has a stock clock of 1.8ghz and i have gotten mine to 3.0ghz stable.

Is there only one part # to that 165? Or are their variations? I see descriptions like this.. Opteron 165 Denmark 1.8GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 110W

thats all the specs and what not, but thats all the same with the Ipteron 165: all of em have 1.8ghz stock core clock speed, all have 2mb Cache, all are Socket 939

but the Opteron 165 could probably compete with a 6000+ I mean both have 2mb cache, 90nm and if both are at 3.0ghz (I'm probably wrong tho...)

It will be going into a Gateway, so it won't be overclocking.

Still, the 165 is a sweet chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom