New Build -- Random Freezes...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashedpumpkins

In Runtime
Alright so I just built my PC about a week or two ago. For the past week my computer randomly freezes. It freezes when doing nothing, it freezes when gaming, when on the internet, and it even froze half way through the boot up. My build is in my signature along with a bunch of links. Any clue what might cause these problems? Nothing has been overclocked yet. Thanks a bunch

Randy

EDIT: I'm on Windows Vista 64 bit

Alright so I just built my PC about a week or two ago. For the past week my computer randomly freezes. It freezes when doing nothing, it freezes when gaming, when on the internet, and it even froze half way through the boot up. My build is in my signature along with a bunch of links. Any clue what might cause these problems? Nothing has been overclocked yet. Thanks a bunch

Randy

EDIT: I'm on Windows Vista 64 bit

Maybe your CPU is overheating, what heatsink do you have?

hmm, sounds like a faulty mobo or cpu to me although im not certain.

on average how long does it stay up before freezing?

hmm, sounds like a faulty mobo or cpu to me although im not certain.

on average how long does it stay up before freezing?

That too is pretty random. I noticed it likes to freeze after I've been idle for a little bit. Though that doesn't explain while it froze during boot up. And the fact it freezes while I'm working sometimes too. I'd hate to have faulty hardware though... :\

Anyone else have any ideas of what might be causing this? It's horrible. I keep forgetting to save things and bam I'm screwed...

That too is pretty random. I noticed it likes to freeze after I've been idle for a little bit. Though that doesn't explain while it froze during boot up. And the fact it freezes while I'm working sometimes too. I'd hate to have faulty hardware though... :\

well i would start first by trying to eliminate the cause by running all kinds of diagnostics. try running memtest, and then i would unplug things you don't need, and see what happens. its gotta be faulty hardware, i had a tricky system i built like that one time. it would randomly restart whenever it felt like and it was not due to overheating... turned out to be a faulty mobo so i might start there first. :/

i highly doubt its the psu 620W should be plenty for that system, not to mention that is a great psu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom