ATI CARDS: Crysis 1.1 vs 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurusan

Golden Master
Here are some benchmarks on my 512mb 3850pro.

As you can see, there aint diddlysquat in terms of DX9 improvement, but in DX10 there is definitely a significant improvement!

DX9 1.0: 38.81 fps
DX9 1.1: 39.055 fps
-------------------
0.6% improvement :rolleyes:

DX10 1.0: 27.975 fps
DX10 1.1: 31.815 fps

13.7% improvement! :)

64 bit, DX9, 1280x1024, NO AA VERSION 1.0

CRYSIS_V1.jpg

64 bit, DX9, 1280x1024, NO AA VERSION 1.1

CRYSIS_V11_dx9.jpg

64 bit, DX10, 1280x1024, NO AA VERSION 1.0

CRYSIS_V1_DX10.jpg

64 bit, DX10, 1280x1024, NO AA VERSION 1.1

CRYSIS_V11_DX10.jpg

I think the patch was mainly for SLI improvement, physics glitches and online optimization. I didn't expect there to be much of an improvement in performance for single cards.

kk, well, I'll give it a go with the benchmark on my 8800GTS, I'll post in this thread.

update: I'm not even going to bother posting up the results, because the difference is minimal.

Seems like turning AA is a bit smoother now, but can't be sure, forgot to test that before I applied the patch

I would like to also add that it seems that memory usage has gone down significantly. Before it was about 1100MB and now it only takes up about 800MB... not bad.

*suspicious*

where did u get that 'Crysis Benchmarking' program from? That is pretty cool. It's like u can test the game out without having to download the demo or buy the game!

*suspicious*

where did u get that 'Crysis Benchmarking' program from? That is pretty cool. It's like u can test the game out without having to download the demo or buy the game!

What, no, you need the full game or the demo version, it's not a stand-alone benchmark. Just look up "Crysis Benchmarking Utility" in Google.

Wow big improvement for dx10, probally a personal request from microsoft so they dont look as bad

I'll install the patch sometime and tell you how it affects my crossfire setup.
Isn't the purpose of buying a game is playing it ? Not benchmarking FPS.
depends who you're talking to, mate.

To some people, the whole reason they build computers etc, is to overclock, and break records and stuff.

There's also the fact that people like having a faster system when playing games, because they don't like the game being slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom