New Build -> Blue Screen of Death!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trancematic

Baseband Member
Looking for some help here, I'm stumped -.-
Get your blood flowing with some photos first...
IMGP6205.jpg

IMGP6206.jpg

IMGP6207.jpg

IMGP6208.jpg

IMGP6209.jpg

IMGP6210.jpg

Intel Q6600 (Quad Core)
XFX 780i SLI Mobo
Raptor 150g 10k Drives
4gig Corsair XMS2 Ram
BFG 8800GT GPU
DD Box
DD W/C (GPU block on order)
Windows XP

Anyways, been reading on other forums people with this problem also with no response that has worked for me, thus I seek your help.

Initial XP Install -> Restarts fine
Install Mobo Drivers[Nforce(Network) + Audio] -> Blue screen, error on write
General Restart

It will bring up the screen nvgts.sys error etc, dump the memory restart and blue screen again. Given enough attempts some times 3 other times 20+ it will get back into windows. Everything works peachy in windows, until you try to write the drives (Inserting a disc usually does it also), OR Restart.

I have updated newest drivers and the same issue...
-Realtek Audio R1.84 (Dec 25, 07)
-Nvidia Nforce mobo drivers (Dec 17, 07)

I don't know what else to try here, other then complete format -> Windows -> Fresh Nforce+Realtek drivers instead of mobo disc. But I'm sure the same problem will occur. At this point I'm almost positive it has to do with the sata drivers. With that being said would should I do? Drives are not in raid, I have even disconnected 1x in attempt to figure this out. Is their a bios update that I'm missing?

fist things first...I LOVE YOUR BUILD :D

now back to the point: Seeing as this is a completely fresh install of XP on a new build, I think that there would be no harm in doing another format, if you think its something to do with the SATA drivers, if you have enough time on your hands try installing it onto an IDE drive just to be sure :)

A BIOS update may be handy and it would be a good thing to do as long as you know what you are doing so you dont damage your motherboard

What nick says, sounds like good advice. :D sweet computer by the way whered u find a case like that? is it custom made?

Im guessing its a custom as I've never seen anything like it on any internet sites :) it looks awesome, are you planning on using any cathodes? And your watercooling will look pretty sweet with those green tubes :D

I've never seen a setup like that in my life but I think it's extremely cool and maybe the most unique lately. Be sure to stick around maybe if you grab another 8800GT, do alot of OCing and see if you can take the 3dmark06 record here :)

im starting to wonder whether hes gonna post back, he probably got it working and cant be bothered to post back :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom